Video courses for company/skill based Preparation
Purchase mock tests for company/skill building
Coding and Number Series Questions and Answers
Coding and Number Series Questions
Definition of Coding and Number Series
These are a set of numbers that are present in the form of a mathematical sequence following a logical rule. Generally, these number series are based on elementary arithmetic.
Questions related to number series are usually made up of four to seven visible numbers. This series will further have one or more missing numbers. Some series have multiple missing numbers increasing the complexity of the series. All these numbers meet specific logical rules. We need to understand this rule in order to find the missing term.
Questions based on coding and number series becomes complex because of several reasons:
- The rule followed by the sequence becomes less significant.
- The complexity of a question increases if the question has a longer sequence.
- If the missing term is present in the initial part, it gives less information about the hidden rule.
- A combination of series is also used in some series.
- When the series is made up of perfect squares, it is mostly based on the perfect squares of the numbers. Calculating square roots will help to identify the missing number.
- A series made up of perfect cubes is also given sometimes. Calculating the cube roots in such questions will help to identify the missing term.
- Questions based on addition and subtraction can be solved by calculating the difference between two consecutive numbers.
- Series, which are based on multiplication and division can be solved by checking the difference between two successive numbers. The result will give an idea of the resulting number.
- Some questions are based on mixed patterns and can be based on one or multiple rules. In such a case, we have to identify these rules and calculate the required number as per the question.
- Some questions are based on the Geometric series. The formula for such a series is Xn = X1 r n-1
- Fibonacci series is another type of series used in the coding and number series questions. These are based on the formula, F0= 0, F1=1, where, Fn = Fn-1 + Fn-2.