Persistent Interview Experience
Name: Adithya Ramapuram
College: G.T.P.U.T Engineering College
Persistent visited my campus in May 2021, for it drive for Engineer Trainee Position, and students from all the branches were allowed to sit in the drive.
For preparation material I turned towards PrepInsta because it was suggested by my college and seniors had gave pretty decent review, and joined their Persistent Crash Course.
There were total 4 rounds till the final selection mail:
Round 1 – Assessment
- Computer Science
- Logical Ability
- Verbal Ability
Total Question: 46 Questions
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
Round 2 – Technical Interview - 1
Round 3 – Technical Interview - 2
Round 4 – HR Interview
Round 1 (Online Assessment/ Objective and Subjective Round) –
There were a total of 46 questions, again it was held on SHL platform. The questions were from CSE subjects, puzzles, reasoning, Automata/Coding and English.
Round 2 (Technical Interview on AMCAT Smartmeet) –
- There were 2 interviewer's for the students.
- I entered my panel and we all greeted each other, and I started with my basic introduction.
- I was asked lots of questions from OOPS, all the basics like Polymorphism, Inheritance, Abstraction and Encapsulation, and mainly DSA.
- Then they asked me two coding questions, very easy questions. First one was to print a pattern using a dowhile loop, and another was to print factorial of a number.
- Some pseudo codes were given where I needed to check the algorithm and see how and if the code would execute, and if not what error is it going to show.
- Then we had a little bit of discussion on the work during the pandemic and how the training is going to happen etc. and then they asked me to wait result declaration.
Next day I was called for the last round.
Round 3 (Advance Technical Interview on AMCAT Smartmeet) –
- In this interview also there were 2 senior management interviewer, one was for technical and one was for HR.
- There were very humble and polite, one of the best interviewers I had sat with.
- Then I was asked questions on data structures and algorithms and these questions were followed by their time complexities.
- I was asked questions on agile framework, software development life cycle, testing and integration since I already had internship experience in a product-based company.
- Then the HR interviewer asked a puzzle to test presence of mind, calculation and awareness.
- The technical interviewer later asked two questions, these were easy to medium level coding questions. One was to print all permutations of a given string, which required swapping and recursion (I used recursion but it could’ve been done in an iterative way also), another question was to print the duplicate characters in a string.
- He was really happy with my answers and I got the green signal from him.
I got my selection mail from 3 weeks of my final interview round. I am currently placed at the great package. I hope my interview helped you. Thank you.