Name:- Pranjul Singh
I got placed in Cognizant as an Intern through the GenC Elevate drive.It was an On Campus drive.
I want to thank PrepInsta for helping me through the process.
There were two rounds:-
- Conceptual/Code Analysis and Case Study
This was an online assessment.
There were questions related to:-
- programming construct
- Web and UI
The difficulty of the round overall was easy to moderate.
In case study round there were questions from Competitive Coding, DSA and SQL.
After I had cleared this round, I was shortlisted for the Interview.
There was only one interview round of around 30 minutes. The technical face-to-face interview round is the most crucial in the entire process.
I would recommend anyone who is appearing for it to go through CS fundamentals such as OOPS, DBMS, CN, OS etc.
Some of the Technical Questions asked to me were:-
- List out the differences between Generalization and Specialization in DBMS.
- What exactly is index hunting and how does it aid query performance?
- What is the fill factor in SQL? What is its default value?
- How does Dynamic Loading help in better memory space utilization?
- How will you print the address of a variable without using a pointer?
The interviewer also asked certain HR Questions, including:-
- Introduce Yourself.
- Why Cognizant?
- Are you interested in an internship or learning program?
- Do you have any questions?
- Document verification.
For anyone interested in GenC Elevate, I would recommend to know about the recent technological developments. An awareness of contemporary technology trends, such as artificial intelligence(AI), big data, and so on.