During the pandemic, our campus was held in online mode. We had no idea how everything would work. College announced that Cognizant will be coming around October, and thus I took the help of PrepInsta to prepare for Cognizant. I enrolled in the PrepInsta Prime Mock subscription, and here I bagged my 1st job on-campus.
Let me tell you in brief about the interview process of Cognizant (in short CTS) :
CTS used to hire for two roles from on-campus. They are
- GenC(normal package,around 4.5 lpa).
- GenC Next ( higher package,around 6.5 lpa).
For both roles aptitude is common, and those who score well in aptitude with a good score in automata get selected for further process of GenC Next.
: Aptitude ( Platform: Amcat- Adaptive)
- Basic mathematics questions ( 24 qs,Time – 35 minutes)
- Reasoning Ability ( 25 qs,Time – 35 minutes)
- Essay Writing (1 qs, Time- 30 minutes)
- Automata fix ( 7 qs,Time - 20 minutes)
case 1 : printf(“choice is 1”);
default : printf(“Invalid choice”);
- Find the index of the equilibrium element in the given array. In an array equilibrium element is the one where the sum of all the elements to the left side is equal to the sum of all the elements on the right side.
I got many qs common from PrepInsta quizzes. And for the automata fix section, my suggestion would be to solve the code debugging qs at first and run the code that is given to you at 1st, will be able to spot the errors, then things will be easier for you.
[For GenC profile:
Good aptitude score and 2-3 qs in automata]
For GenC Next profile:
Good aptitude score and +5 qs in automata].
Round- 2 (Coding Round)
Results were announced within a week. Cleared the aptitude round. Now round 2 was the coding test.
- There were 4 coding ques (2 easy + 2 Hard)
- We were given 2 hours for these ques
I was not able to pass the desired test cases, so then I appeared for the GenC profile Interview. As I was not able to clear the cut-off.
Round 3: Technical & HR Interview ( in Amcat based platform, Time – 55 mins)
Technical questions :
HR questions :
- Final Year projects.
- Principles of OOPs.
- Difference between delete, truncate and drop.
- Query to find the 2nd maximum salary from a table.
- What is a dangling pointer in C?
- Basics about some recent technologies like Machine Learning, Cloud Computing.
- Difference between HTTP and HTTPS.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why CTS?
- What is your dream company?
- Any problem with relocation?
- If you are hired in CTS, in which field will you be comfortable working?
- Any qs for us?
The interview went well. Results were declared within a month. Got placed in CTS for GenC profile. Thanks to the whole team of PrepInsta.