Coding Deductive Questions and Answers
Coding Deductive Questions
Nearly every competitive examination contains Coding Deductive Questions and Answers included in the reasoning section. In this type of questions, usually a word and its code is given, and the person is required to identify the code for the other word given in the question.
The person is needed to use the similar logic, which is applied in the earlier words given in the question. Continual adding in the place of letters, representing the place of letters in a complete alphabetic order, Square of the number of letters comprised in the word, Grouping of letters in the word set in reverse order, Continuous addition and then reversing the letters to shape the final word, etc. are some of the topics covered in the questions related to coding and decoding.
The more you are prepared for the topic, the better and easier it will be for you to answer these questions as soon as possible. Coding and Decoding’ carries substantial weightage in a number of examinations. These questions are there in a number of other recruitment exams as well. The idea and tactic to crack or solve them remain the same, only the level of complexity differs.
Rules to solve Coding Deductive Questions and Answers
Let us discuss some rules which are required to remember while solving questions related to coding-decoding
- Observing the pattern of the code and word is the key here. The series of alphabets and the way they are arranged will give you the hint whether they are reversed or coded in a different or jumbled manner. Such observation makes decoding easier.
- Finding the sequence by taking hint from the given pattern is important. The following sequence can be in both ascending and descending order or may also be arranged in a fancy and out of the box order as well.
- Decipher the rule from the alphabetical, number or word sequence and relate the code with the same to further dig a reasonable answer out of it.
- Alphabets are replaced by a certain rule and it is important to crack the rule to find the right code. The situation will itself contain the hint for the rule to be followed. All you have to do is find it.
- In case of number coding, numbers are present in correspondence to phrases. By choosing two phrases at a time, you need to identify the number code for respective word and then reach for the right option from the given list.
- In case of the letter coding set, the alphabets or letters given in a word are substituted by other letters as per a precise rule. Finding out the pattern first is the most important step here to proceed further.