Formula To Solve Number Series
Formula for Number Series
By using some logical rule/ pattern based on elementary arithmetic concepts.
The pattern should be analyzed to solve the series.
Definition & Number Series Formulas:
Number series is a sequence of numbers which is framed, using a particular system/rule, in which the numbers are not in a specific order. All we have to do is to find out the system/rule that a particular series is following and finding the number using that system/rule.
For example : 3, 6, 12, 24 , ?
Here the correct answer is 48,
and the system of the series is that every number is twice of its precedent number .
Hence , 24*2 = 48
Formulas For Number Series & Types of number series:-
There are five different types of number series that are mentioned below:
- Perfect square series:- Consists of a set of numbers that are perfect squares.
- Perfect cube series:- Consists of a sequential order of numbers that are perfect cubes of the given term
- Ration series:- This series might consist of a sequence of numbers, fractions or integers, wherein each term will be different from the other, with a set mathematical concept (/,*,-,+) or formula which would be applicable to calculate the missing number.
- Geometric series:- This series consists of numbers that are obtained by either (/, *, +, -) the previous number with a fixed common number, It is generally found either in an ascending or descending order.
- Mixed series:- Consists of a set of numbers whose calculation might require either one or more than one mathematical concept.