Blood Relations Questions and Answers
Blood Relations Questions
Blood Relations Questions and Answers comes under the reasoning section. They are asked in nearly all the competitive exams. The complexity of the questions vary from medium to complex. The topic is considered pretty important for scoring good marks as a large number of questions are asked under this topic.
Family or blood relation questions are the ones related to the real world connections of mother, father, sister, brother, grandfather, grandmother, daughter, and son; along with other relatives connected to the bloodline. In-laws are further counted in the same. The list goes on with the relatives under father’s and mother’s side. The questions are framed in a form of a situation where one is asked to find the relation of the given person to another in an ‘if condition.’ Questions given in the blood relations reasoning are regarding a specific member of the family and his/her relation to another based on the chain of the family member. Blood relations is a test to check the person’s aptitude to understand and come to the core of a question from intricate, unclear and lengthy situation.
Rules to solve Blood Relations Questions
These questions get extremely tricky and complicated sometimes. To avoid mistakes while interpreting the relations, check out the below-mentioned rules:
- Proper understanding of relations is a must here. Some words or relations are purposely quoted to confuse the reader. These includes spouse, aunt, sibling etc., spouse refers to both husband and wife, as well as aunt in English language comes with a number of relations such as mother’s sister, father’s sister, brother’s wife, or wife of mother’s bother’s. Sibling means brother(s) and sister(s). The relations from these words can be judged from the use of his and her before them.
- In term in-law directly relates to the relations formed by marriage and not blood.
- Father or mother above first generation and second generation are termed as Grand. Moreover, the generation even above that will be called Great Grandparents.
- The ways through which a person can have step sister or brother varies. It is if the woman married to another man is already having a child when she is married to a man who is even having children from his earlier marriage or vice versa. The children of these two people will be step brothers and sisters to each other.
- No matter a father is not an actual father or the biological father, the relation will be still counted as father and son; in case of adoption or another marriage.