Geometry Questions and Answers
Basic Information required for Geometry Questions and Answers
In this page we will recap through some basic information related yo Geometry and then we will be solving Geometry Questions and Answers which will help you in tackling questions if askd in the exams.
In its simplest form, geometry is the mathematical study of shapes and space. Geometry can deal with flat, two-dimensional shapes, such as squares and circles, or three-dimensional shapes with depth, such as cubes and spheres.
Before diving into two-dimensional and three-dimensional shapes, consider the basic geometric objects that create these shapes: points, lines, line segments, rays, and planes.
- A point is represented by a dot and shows a location in space.
- A line is a set of straight points that extends forever in both directions as depicted by arrows on both ends.
- Rays are lines that end on one side. Line segments end on both sides. Planes are surfaces that extend forever in all directions.
There are two types of shapes where the concept of geometry revolves, those are 3D and 2D shapes. Let us know them about in brief:
- Two-dimensional objects only have two dimensions: length and width.
- Unlike two-dimensional objects, three-dimensional objects have a third dimension, depth, and are, therefore, not flat. Cubes, spheres, and pyramids are examples of three-dimensional objects. A cube is an object made of six square sides.
Sample Geometry Questions and Answers are given below: