Work and Time Questions and Answers
Work and Time Questions
Definition of Work and Time
Go through the entire page to know about work and time also practice Work and Time Questions and Answers.
Time and Work questions are most commonly asked questions in the section of quantitative aptitude found in the competitive examinations.
In order to solve these questions without confusion wasting any time, you must have thorough knowledge of the concept of Time and Work subject as well as some rules and methods may help you further to tackle the time frame. A very simple idea of time and work is that more individuals complete the work in less significant time, besides less number of people take much more time to complete the work. Additionally, a key perception that is referred in time work questions is the collective effectiveness of two or more people. For the questions based on time and work, the speed at which a person or machines operate solely are generally specified, as well as it is important to figure the speed at which they can work collaboratively or vice versa.
- If M1 number of individuals are able to complete W1 amount of work within D1 days whereas M2 number of people are able to complete W2 amount of work in D2 days, then the formula used will be: M1*D1/W1 = M2*D2/W2
- If the individuals are having productivity of E1 and E2 individually, then the formula used to calculate the same will be: M1*D1*T1*E1/W1= M2*D2*T2*E2/W2
- If person A is able to do a part of work in ‘n’ number of days, then the work done by A in a single day is equals to 1/n
- If person A might complete an amount of work in D1 number of days as well as person B is able to complete the similar amount of work in D2 number of days then person A and person B together can do the similar type of work in: (D1*D2)/ (D1+D2)
- Considering that person A is double as worthy a worker as person B, then person A would be taking half of the time occupied by person B to do a similar amount of work.
- If person A along with person B can collaboratively complete a part of work in D1 number of days as well as person A unaccompanied is able to complete it in D2 number of days, then person B can alone complete the work in: (D1*D2)/ (D2-D1)
Read also : Work and Time Formula
Read also : How to solve Quickly
Read also : Tips and shortcuts