Problem On Ages Questions and Answers
Problem On Ages Questions
Problems On Ages Questions are a type of word problem based on algebra, which deals with the current, past, and future age of people. It can be further categorized into three forms, i.e. Questions for determining the present age, Questions for calculating the age of person after particular years, and questions that calculate the age of a person before given years. Moreover, these types of questions cover cases of different types with various combinations of ratios and fractions.
Important Statements and Equations used:
- If the present age is given as p, then q times the present age = ‘qp’
- If the present age is given as p, then age q years ago = p – q.
- If the present age is given as p, then 1/qth of the age is p/q.
Below given are some of the frequent expressions that should be remembered . In all the given expression, we assume x as the present age of a man.
- Man’s age six years ago = (x – 6)
- The woman is thrice as old as man five years ago = (Woman’s age : 3(x-5))