HCF Question and Answers
Highest Common Factor (HCF) of two or more numbers is the greatest number that can divide each number evenly or accurately.On this page you’ll Find HCF Question and Answers to practice and improve your concept and understanding of HCF. There are two methods to find HCF which are as follows:-
- Prime Factorization Method
- Long Division Method
Let us look at some of the formulas which are helpful to solve HCF Questions easily and quickly.
Formula or Rule for finding the HCF Question and Answers of given numbers:
HCF In case of only two numbers:
- Suppose the question asks to calculate the HCF of any two numbers. Then Divide the greater number by the smaller one.
- Now divide the divisor by the remainder.
- Keep dividing the preceding divisor with the remainder until a Zero remainder is obtained.
- The last divisor obtained will be the HCF of those two given numbers.
HCF Question and Answers In case of more than two numbers:
- Choose any two numbers and find their HCF by applying the method mentioned above.
- The HCF of these two numbers and the third number will be the HCF of all three numbers and so forth.
Let us now solve some of the questions to clear the concept of HCF:-