HCF and LCM Questions and Answers
HCF and LCM Questions
Lets look at HCF and LCM in detail.
Definition of HCF HCF and LCM is one of the most easiest topics and basic concept known in mathematics till date. On this page you'll find HCF and LCM Questions and Answers.
Definition of LCM HCF and LCM is one of the most easiest topics and basic concept known in mathematics till date. On this page you'll find HCF and LCM Questions and Answers.
HCF in case of only two numbers:
- Suppose the question asks to calculate the HCF of any two numbers. Then Divide the larger number by the smaller one.
- Now divide the divisor by the remainder.
- Keep dividing the preceding divisor with the remainder until a Zero remainder is obtained.
- The last divisor obtained will be the HCF of those two given number.
HCF in case of more than two numbers:
- The HCF of these two numbers and the third number will be the HCF of all three numbers and so forth.
- Choose any two numbers and find their HCF by applying the above-mentioned method.
The rule for Solving HCF and LCM Questions and Answers:
- Calculate the multiples or the factors of the larger number until one of them is also a multiple of the smaller number.
- Then multiply all these factors, and the resultant will be the LCM of the given numbers.