Perimeter Area Volume Questions and Answers
Perimeter Area Volume Questions
- Perimeter is the distance around the closed space of a shape or a closed curve, such as a circle. The formula for calculating perimeters varies on the kind of shape.
- Area can be discussed as the size of space in the interiors of the shape. Area is often measured in square units. Similarly, the formula for calculating area varies on the kind of shape.
- Volume is calculated only for solid 3D shapes, such as cylinder, cubes, spheres and more. The amount of space or mass covered in the object of any shape and size is known as its volume.
- The formulas for 2D and 3D shapes are different as there is np mass or volume of the 2-dimensional shapes.
- Perimeter, area and volume are the measurements of the shapes or geometric figures. Calculating these is a basic concept that is covered in the school level math.
- Most of the competitive examinations gives questions on the same to judge the mental aptitude of the individuals. It is a very easy and scoring topic where students do not have to waste extra time and efforts.
- However, it is important to know all the formulas for different shapes in order to calculate their, area, perimeter and volume.