Blood Relation Important Formulas
Blood Relation concept:-
Go through the entire page to know important rules and Formulas For Blood Relation problems.
Blood relation shows the different relations among the members of a family. Based on the information given, you are required to find the relation between particular members of the family.
Blood Relation Important rules
Note – This method is copyright of PrepInsta, you will only find it on PrepInsta, using this method to solve will lead to copyright issue.
- Use + or Male and (-) for female
- Imagine your family in the situation if you get stuck
- Keep same generations at same level
- Circles mean they are couple, i.e. husband and wife.
- Array means you’re going down to next generation. i.e. A -> B means a is father or mother of B.
- (+)A-> B means a is father of B.
- (-)A-> B means a is mother of B.
- If you miss a generation due to no information provided then name them ? for time being
- A is grandfather of C, will be (+)A -> ? -> C
- You also make circles and two ? if you think that later on couple relationship may be established
- A is grandfather of C, will be (+)A -> (**inside Circle?/?inside Circle**) -> C (see example 1 for demo)
- Always give Initials for names i.e. R for Raman, Aj for Ajay and Ak for Akash.
- If there is no tight relationship(Mostly in case of in Law type questions which are complicated) use dotted arrays and to multiple relationships possible.
Also Check Out
Some Questions Based On Above Formulas:
Question 1: John is Mary’s son. Mary’s husband is Paul. What is Paul’s relation to John?
Paul is John’s father.
Explanation: Since John is Mary’s son and Mary’s husband is Paul, it means Paul is John’s father.
Question 2: Sara’s father’s only daughter is Tina. Who is Tina to Sara?
Tina is Sara herself.
Explanation: The question states that Tina is the only daughter of Sara’s father. Since Sara’s father has only one daughter, that daughter must be Sara herself.
Question 3:Alex and Emma are siblings. Their mother is Lisa. What is Lisa’s relation to Emma?
Lisa is Emma’s mother.
Explanation: Since Alex and Emma are siblings, they share the same mother, who is Lisa. Therefore, Lisa is Emma’s mother.
Question 4:Tom and Jerry are cousins. Tom’s father is Mike. What is Mike’s relation to Jerry?
Mike is Jerry’s uncle.
Explanation: Tom and Jerry are cousins, which means they share a common grandparent. Since Tom’s father is Mike, Mike is the father of Jerry’s cousin (Tom), making him Jerry’s uncle.
Question 5: Rachel is Lily’s aunt. Rachel’s brother is Mark. What is Mark’s relation to Lily?
Mark is Lily’s father.
Explanation: Since Rachel is Lily’s aunt, she must be the sister of one of Lily’s parents. Rachel’s brother is Mark, so Mark is Lily’s father.
Also Check Out
Get over 200+ course One Subscription
Courses like AI/ML, Cloud Computing, Ethical Hacking, C, C++, Java, Python, DSA (All Languages), Competitive Coding (All Languages), TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Amazon, DBMS, SQL and others