Number Series Questions and Answers
Definition of Number Series
- Go through the entire page to solve Number Series Questions and Answers easily.
- A Number series is the total of all the numbers of numbers produced out of some pattern or trend.
- All term in the sequence meet a specific logical rule which needs to be recognized in order to find the missing terms.
‘2+4+6+8+10’ is a number series – the sum of the first five even numbers or the multiples of 2.
Most of the competitive exams or management aptitude tests frequently asked questions based on number series. In Number Series the examine would be given a particular sequence in which he’s to analyze the pattern followed by the said series and accordingly he would be asked to foretell the following number of the series following the same trend or pattern.
Types of Number Series Problems –
- Add up Series (+) : Just adding a constant number everytime. For example: (13, 18, 23, 28 ….).
- Add up Series (- ): , Just subtracting a constant number every time. For example : (28, 23, 18, 13 ……).
- Step up Series (+/-) : Adding/Subtracting a variable number, in this case we are adding 2n for n = 0, 1, 2, 3 …… For example : 0, 2, 6, 12, 20…. or 20, 12, 6, 2, 0, 0 …..
- Square up (+/-) – Given series is in the square of n where n= 1,2,3,4,5,6… i.e. 1,4,9,16,25,36…
- Square add up Series(+/-) : Adding n2 every time and incrementing value of n starting from 1 i.e. 1,5, 14, 30, 55, …… and Subtracting n2 every time and decrementing value of n i.e. 34, 33, 29, 20,
- Cube Up Series : Given series is in the cube of n where n = 1,2,3,4,5,6… i.e. 1,8,27,64,125,216….
- Cube add up Series : Adding n3 every time with incrementing of n by 1 i.e. 1,9,36…
- Prime up(+/-) : Sequence consist of Prime numbers i.e. 2,3,5,7,11…
- Prime Square up(+/-) : Sequence consist of squares of prime numbers i.e. 4,9,25,49,121..
- Arithmetic Series: Sequence consist of Arithmetic Progression i.e. 3,6,9,…
- Geometric Series : Sequence consist of Geometric Progression i.e. 2,6,18,54,…