Tips And Tricks And Shortcut To Solve Cube And Cuboid
Tips and Tricks for Cube and Cuboid:-
- Practice, Practice and.. Practice. Practicing is the only way to improve your solving time. There is no way around it
- Get a quality Rubik’s Cube. The solving time depends on two things: you, and the cube. Let’s focus on the other one: A Hard turning cube that stuck all the time will dramatically increase your solving time.
- Know the algorithms by heart. Practice until you’ll be able to execute the algorithms without thinking about their notation.
- Look ahead. The solving time splits into two parts: the execution time of an algorithm, and the time it takes until you start executing it (looking for the next piece, realizing what algorithm to use and from what angle).
- Use fingertricks. This tip is aiming at shortening your execution time. That will be accomplished by using fingertricks.
Two cubes, each of edge 10 cm, are joined to form single cuboid. What is the surface area of the new cuboid so formed?
(A) 1200 cm2
(B) 1000 cm2
(C) 1100 cm2
(D) 600 cm2
Answer: Option B
Breadth and height of cuboid = 10 cm.
∴TSA = 2(L*B + B*H + H*L)
surface area = 2(200 + 100 + 200) = 1000 cm2
Cube and Cuboid Tips and Tricks and Shortcuts Directions for Cube and Cuboid:
The following questions are based on the information given below:
- A cuboid shaped wooden block has 4 cm length, 3 cm breadth and 5 cm height.
- Two sides measuring 5 cm x 4 cm are coloured in red.
- Two faces measuring 4 cm x 3 cm are coloured in blue.
- Two faces measuring 5 cm x 3 cm are coloured in green.
- Now the block is divided into small cubes of side 1 cm each.
How many small cubes will have no faces coloured ?
Answer: Option D
Required number of small cubes = (5 – 2) x (4 – 2) x (3 – 2)
= 3 x 2 x 1
How many small cubes will have two faces coloured with red and green colours ?
Answer : Option A
Required number of small cubes = 6 from the top and 6 from the bottom = 12