Tips And Tricks And Shortcuts For Prepositions And Conjunctions
Preposition and Conjunction Tips and Tricks and Shortcuts:
The Tips an Tricks and Shortcuts for Preposition and Conjunction are easy to understand if you how to place the respective words with a given context.
Prepositions are connecting words that connect nominal into a sentence.
Words like an, with, against, over, etc. comes under preposition, helping a noun or pronoun to connect in the sentence.
Likewise, conjunctions are also connecting words, however, they can change much more in a sentence as compared to prepositions.
Some of the conjunctions are but, because, and, etc. As a matter of fact, conjunctions have the ability to join verbs together which means that they can even connect two sentences.
Tips And Tricks And Shortcuts For Preposition And Conjunction:-
- Use of Preposition:
- on with days of the week,
- at for a particular place or while defining time,
- in for year and month, and more.
Identifying the theme of the sentence will help you think the possible or right preposition.
- Prepositions usually go before a noun or a pronoun. Some of its types are:
- direction, etc.
You should know which preposition is suitable with the sentence or the noun or pronoun it is used with.
- If a preposition is followed by a verb, then the verb will always be in the gerund form (ing).
- Example – I always wonder about winning the game.
- You can even identify a preposition from an adverb. A preposition always takes an object with it, whereas, an adverb never takes an object.
- A conjunction can never be used before a sentence which is in direct narration
- Never use conjunction with an interrogative adverb or interrogative pronoun when the sentence is in indirect narration.
- The most common hint is, if a verb is included in a sentence, you are most probably dealing with conjunctions.
- The three different types of Conjunction are:
- Simple Conjunctions
- Compound Conjunctions
- Co-relative Conjunctions
Fill in the blank with a suitable preposition.
The outcomes of his haughtiness were that his services were dispensed ___ by his master.
Correct Answer: B
“Dispensed with” means ‘forgo’, which is why dispensed will take with.
Identify the error and replace it with the suitable preposition:
She was relieved from the pain after the checkup.
Correct Answer: C
“Relieved” should go with ‘of’ instead of “from.”
Pick out the conjunction in the below sentence and identify its type:
You cannot achieve your goals unless you work harder.
Correct Answer: B
Unless is the conjunction in the sentence. It is a subordinating conjunction. Unless is acting as a connector between the two sections of the sentence.
Complete the sentence by filling the right conjunction:
Ana is tall, __ Shawn is taller.
Correct Answer: D
“While” is suitable conjunction when there is a comparison in the sentence.
Get over 150+ course One Subscription
Courses like AI/ML, Cloud Computing, Ethical Hacking, C, C++, Java, Python, DSA (All Languages), Competitive Coding (All Languages), TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Amazon, DBMS, SQL and others