Formulas For Successive Discounts
Successive Discounts Formulas & Definitions
- Successive discount is discount on discount.
Case 1: If there are two discounts:
The formula for total discount in case of successive-discounts:
If the first discount is x% and 2nd discount is y% then,
Total discount = ( x + y – xy /100)%
Case 2: If there are three discounts:
If there are three discounts as x%, y% and z% then find the total discount of x % and y% first and using it find the total discount with z%
- Marked price is the price marked on the product. It is the same price on which you get discounts.
- They revolve around Profit & Loss, Selling Price & Marked Price.
Formulas for Successive Discounts
- Single discount, which is equal to two successive discounts m % and n % is calculated as
M + N – MN/100
- When the SP of x articles is equal to CP of y articles, then earned profit in percentage is calculated as
Profit percent = 100× difference in x and y/x
- Discount = D% of marked price, M
- Discount = Marked Price – Selling Price
- M (1-D%) = Selling Price
- Selling Price = Cost Price + Gain