Infosys Interview Questions and Answers for Freshers
Infosys Interview Questions for Freshers
You will not find anything related to Infosys Interview Questions for Freshers 2018, most of the websites will either provide HR Questions or technical questions and even these questions are not from Infosys Interview, they just put some random questions on their pages.
On this page you will find actual Infosys interview questions that are shared by students who gave Infosys Interview.
On this page you will find the following –
- Infosys Technical Interview Questions (Theory Branch Specific)
- Infosys Coding Interview Questions (Coding Programs in C/C++)
- Infosys HR Interview Round Questions
- Infosys Interview Puzzles Questions
Infosys also follows two tier Interview structure like Cognizant. There are two interview processes –
Grade A colleges like – NITs
- Written Round
- HR Interview
Grade B and C colleges like – IP University and Amity
- Written Round
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Before 2017 Infosys used to not ask Coding or C/OOPS questions from candidates on Non CS-IT branches.
But, now since they don’t discriminate. They will ask Coding and C/OOPS Technical Questions from Non CS-IT branches also. You’re applying for a IT services company, they will obviously expect you to know coding.
Syllabus for Interview
- C/OOPS/ C++ or Java (all branches)
- Coding Questions (all branches)
- OS/CN/Software Engineering/DBMS (CS/IT branches)
- Project specific theory from Resume(all Branches)
Infosys Technical Interview Dashboard
On this dashboard you will find Technical questions asked by Infosys in first round of interview.
For CS/IT branches
- Approx 40% time for C/OOPS/ C++ or Java
- 30% time for Coding questions(Find Coding Dashboard below)
- 20% time Core CS subjects like CN/DBMS/Software Engineering
- 10% time for final year Project based questiosn
For non-CS-IT Branches
- 50% time for C/OOPS/C++ or Java
- 30% time for Coding Questions(Find Coding Dashboard below)
- 10% time on Project Diagrams, theory, definitions
- 20% time for theory related to subject of your final year project
Mostly, for non-CS/IT people, the interviewer may not be from your branch he will google questions from the subject your project is related to. So, make sure that you visit first few pages of related subject to your project.
Infosys Coding Interview Dashboard
Infosys will ask Coding questions of equal difficulty from both CS-IT and non CS-IT branches.
You’re applying for an IT company they want coders. According to them even if they allow non CS-IT people to sit for placement process, they will only select them if they proper coding, irrespective of the branch they are in.
On this dashboard you will find the most asked coding questions asked in Infosys.
Infosys HR Interview Dashboard
Infosys rules out a lot of people in the HR round, unlike many companies where if you clear the technical round 95% probability is that you’re selected.
But, not in Infosys, they rule about 30-40% people in the HR round.
On this dashboard you will find the most asked HR interview Questions asked in Infosys.
Infosys Interview Experience Dashboard
Find the latest Infosys Interview Experiences shared by students who have appeared for Infosys exam.
We did data analytics on 200+ Infosys interview Experiences submitted by students on PrepInsta this year and tried to identify facts like most asked questions, amount of time spent per subject most commonly asked subjects
Interview Questions for Infosys Freshers Facts –
|Interview Questions for Freshers in Infosys||Percentage Duration Spent for section (CS/IT)||Percentage Duration Spent for section (Others)||Difficulty Level||Most asked Question|
|C||10||20||Medium||What is pre-processor in C|
|OOPS (C++/Java)||30||10||Hard||Difference between Procedural and OOPS Language|
|Coding||30||30||Medium||Factorial of number by Recursion|
|Core Branch Specific Subjects||20||20||Medium||Depends on Branch to branch|
|Projects||10||10||Easy||Draw Circuit Diagram of project and explain each unit in detail|
Sample Student Interview Experience
- Name: Aishwarya Panadian
- Branch: IT
- College: Meenakshi Sundararajan Engineering College
- Type of Interview: Off-Campus
While I was studying in college, my roommate and I often use to discuss about being placed at Infosys. With the boom in the industry at that time, Infosys opted for off-campus recruitment. They accepted interview applications via http://campusconnect.infosys.com/registration/studentregistration.aspx. I filled up all the details on this portal, and I got an email for Online Exam going to be conducted in Jeppiaar Engineering College, Chennai.
The Online Test
This test comprises of three sections, namely,
· Quantitative Ability
· Logical Ability
· Verbal Ability
From school days, I was not good at Maths and was a bit nervous to appear for Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. The only thing which saved me was that the prior practice of questions with PrepInsta. I got a major idea of questions to be asked, and I got a firm belief that I will clear the exam. My only strong zone was English and vocabulary. I relied on verbal section a lot. After quickly completing the questions of previous two sections, I was waiting to appear on the subject of my interest.
After a series of thorough verification I managed to answer 35 questions with 99% confidence, but for the remaining five questions, I had fewer clues. Overall, I was confident enough to crack the first level of the interview. It was a great moment, and my heart started pounding knowing that I have been shortlisted for next round of interview that will be happening the next day.
The HR Interview
The interviewer welcomed me with a pleasing smile and asked to sit. He started going through my documents and asked me to tell about myself, and I did. I expected programming questions and codes related stuff. But I got nothing of that sort. He brought a list of questions my way that included, What do you think will be the future of IT industry? I answered AI. Artificial Intelligence is one vertical which makes a long-lasting impact on the planet. There were some more questions such as
· What is your project all about?
· Why should Infosys hire you? How will you contribute to the growth of the company?
· What do you know about Infosys?
· Are you comfortable with working in shifts?
· Which subject you like and why?
While losing confidence in one or two questions, I responded well to the rest of the questions. I believe the round was to check my communication skills. I was expecting a positive result after answering all the questions.
That was an extended week than a usual one when I had to wait for the final results. Finally, on a Sunday evening, I received the mail from them saying that I was selected as the system engineer trainee role.
Infosys Interview Tips
Infosys Vs other Mass hiring Companies Interview Process Comparison
- Infosys like TCS, likes to go in Technical details of your Branch Projects, definitions, diagrams, code etc
- Other companies like Cognizant and Accenture specifically like to keep it non technical and focus more on English.
- Duration of Interview
- While in Accenture and CTS the duration of Interview is around 15 mins
- For Infosys it ranges anywhere between 25 mins to 40 mins
- Coding Questions
- Companies like Accenture and Deloitte don’t ask coding questions at all
- But, Infosys, Wipro will ask you basic coding questions like Palindrome, pattern printing etc even if you’re from Non CS IT round. You will find Coding Questions asked in Infosys on our Infosys Coding Interview Dashboard here.
- C / OOPS Questions
- Infosys just like TCS, does ask C / OOPS concept to all Branches. Well, you’re applying to an IT company they expect you to know a little about C / OOPS theory.
- Companies like Accenture, Deloitte don’t ask C / OOPS concept. But, their training is very difficult, so even if you get selected. You need to learn all about coding and technical aspects
- Freedom of Topic Selection
- All bulk companies give freedom of topic selection to you, generally the interviewer will ask you the favourite subject and will ask questions from that, or will ask you the questions from topics, chapters and projects mentioned in your Resume.