Why do you want to join our company?
Why do you want to join our Company ?
Let’s first understand why the interviewer ask Why do you want to Join our Company(these type of) question from us ?
The HR ask’s these type of questions to :
1) To Know about your career goals and how this position fits into your plan.
2) Make sure you are interested in this job and will be motivated to perform if hired.
3) Find out what you know about the company and if you took the time to research about the company.
4) To understand about your priorities and preferences to know which aspects of the company you are appealing to and why ?However, you must approach each part of the question differently, and you’ll need to build the foundation for your answers by researching about the company !!
Let’s see how you should be prepare to answer why do you want to join our company for any company interview :
How to Answer Why do you want to join our Company :
STEP 1: Research about the Company
Besides sharing more about your own career goals and motivations, your answer to this question will need to show that you’re familiar with the company you’re interviewing with.
The Company Website:
- Start with the company web site. This may seem like an obvious approach, but you have to take the time to actually do it.
- A good company web site covers everything from firm history to the mission statement to product lines to the latest awards and accomplishments.
- Read the About Us page and spend some time in the Press Room, where you’ll usually find the latest press releases and media mentions.
- Scan through the company blog if they have one. Next, sign up for any newsletter offered and check out the company’s social media presence (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.)
Media Coverage :
- Although company web sites can tell you a lot, you can learn even more with a broader Google search.
- Look for recent articles about the company in the mainstream press and industry publications. These articles can also provide useful information about the latest trends in the industry and how the company compares with competitors.
Your Network :
- Your Network(or LinkedIn account) may be your most valuable research source. Reach out to trusted contacts in your network for information.
- A search on LinkedIn can quickly reveal who you know at the hiring company (or who you know who knows somebody). Look for those currently at the firm and those who worked there in the past.
- An “inside contact” can provide priceless data and can even serve as an advocate (if you’re lucky and have been nurturing your relationships).
STEP 2: How to answer Why do you want to join our company ?
- The hiring manager is looking for someone who will fit in at the company and enjoy working there.
- A good answer will demonstrate knowledge of the company and industry. That means you must do your homework so that you can identify specific reasons for wanting to work for the firm.
These reasons could include one or several of the following:
- General reputation of the company
- Reputation of key leaders
- Admiration of products/services
- Admiration of other company initiatives (marketing campaign, community involvement, training programs)
- Company culture and values
- Company growth/success
- You can probably think of other reasons that would also work. Please note: “It’s close to my house” is not a good reason.
- Don’t overlook the importance of cultural fit. You can find out a lot about the culture of a company before the interview.
Common Mistakes Students do While answering such questions :
- A too-general answer that could apply to any company. Most of the students make this mistake. They say something like,“It’s a great company and I’d love to work there.” That’s nice, but it’s also not very memorable or believable.
- An uninformed answer that shows you haven’t done any research. The worst thing you can do is demonstrate that you don’t even know what the company does — or that you only have a vague idea and expect the interviewer to fill you in.
- A unenthusiastic answer that makes the interviewer wonder if you really want the job. You want to convince the interviewer that you are excited about the idea of working for his company. Avoid an answer like, “I heard there were some open positions, so here I am.”
SOME OF THE POSSIBLE ANSWERS STUDENT CAN GIVE :
(FRESHERS) ANSWER 1:
- Firstly, I would like to take this moment to appreciate the wonderful opportunity given to me to be interviewed at a reputed organization like yours.
- I understand that I am a fresher but I have always wanted to be a part of your organizations’ workforce as it promises to be a place wherein the learning curve is great & hard work is appreciated.
- We have always looked towards organizations like yours to kickstart my career. I believe with the right atmosphere at the workplace, one can achieve much more than working at an unappreciative workplace.
- This is one of the biggest reason why your organization tops my priority list. I assure you that I have the zeal to give 100% towards my work & bring a noteworthy contribution to this organization.
(EXPERIENCED) ANSWER 2:
- Well, there are many reasons why I want to join your company. However one of the major reason for my desire to work for your company is that your firm has set a benchmark in the field of education.
- I am highly impressed with the “XYZ” project, which has become a case study for professionals like me & have been following exemplary work which your firm has worked on.
- I feel with my experience, the type of groundbreaking work your organization has put forward, I would be able to confidently chip in the best of my knowledge in future projects for your company.
(FRESHERS ) ANSWER 3:
- Sir as I am a fresher. I am looking for a platform where I can give my best and work with dedication to give a kick start to my career.
- It’s a great privilege for me to work in a reputed company like yours and you are giving such a great opportunity for freshers like me seek for and I’m accurate person who is in need for your guidance to improve myself .
- So I can give my best in return With maximum efficiency that will upscale you are profits and upgrade my knowledge as well.
EXPERIENCED ANSWER 4:
- I want to join company XYZ as I have been following this company for long due to its long term vision and amazing suit of products and solutions it offers to its customer.
- Also I am really excited to interview for this role and be part of XYZ. It has been growing at a tremendous pace of 18% [ Sample ] year on year. Recently it has acquired company CCV .
- I have also received excellent feedback from most of my friends about the work culture and how employee friendly the company is.