IBM Off Campus Drive for 2018 Batch (2016 and 2017)
IBM is conducting an Off Campus drive to hire Freshers from batches 2016, 2017 and 2018. You fill find everything that you need to know about IBM Off Campus Off Campus drive 2018. We have noticed one interesting fact for IBM off Campus Drive for 2018 Batch Freshers that, they are recruiting for all the processes IBM IRL, ISL, GBS, GTS. You can find information on how to apply for the IBM Off Campus Recruitment drive, Eligibility Criteria, and how to prepare on this page.
|Name of the Company||IBM|
|Educational Qualification||BE, B.Tech, Any Graduate and Any Post Graduate|
|Year of Passing||2018, 2017, 2016 passed outs|
|Salary or CTC Offered||Best In Industry|
|Job Role||Trainee Software Engineer|
|Joining Location||Across India|
IBM off Campus Recruitment Drive for Freshers 2018
IBM SALARY STRUCUTRE
- IIT – 6 to 12 LPA
- NITs – 4.2 LPA,
- VIT/ CoEP/PICT/VJTI – 5.5 LPA
- other local colleges – 3.25 LPA.
It depends on which department of IBM they are visiting your campus too, if they are visiting for IRL i.e. IBM Research Facility then the package will be higher upto 12 Lakhs. For GTS and GBS package are generally lower.
How to Apply for IBM Off Campus Drive 2018 for Freshers
IBM has introduced IBM referral drive for 2016 and 2017 graduates, the company has asked employees to refer Freshers and Experienced both.
- Contact a person who is working at IBM
- Ask him to refer you give him your email
- He will refer you and you will get email from IBM regarding the procedure.
- If you dont have any relative, friend or family working there then contact your placement cell of college they will help.
- Your friends at IBM can refer you before deadline ends(Check Deadline date with IBM Employees for the IBM off-campus referral drive 2018.
- Unfortunately, 2018 passing out students and people who have attended any IBM drive in the past 6 months cannot attend this off-campus drive. This IBM referral drive is happening exclusively for the 2016/2017 and 2018 graduates
Direct Application for IBM
Generally we have seen that HR’s prefer to select candidates who have applied through referral. But, you can also apply directly, though there will be less chances than referral application to get selected.
We recommend applying both ways –
- Via Referral
- Via Direct Application
What information do you need to send to the person who is referring you –
- Candidate’s Detail:
- Full Name:
- Mobile Number:
- Primary Mail ID:
- Date of Birth(DD-MMM-YYYY):
- X Std % of CGPA:
- XII Std % of CGPA:
- Diploma (if applicable)
- % of CGPA:
- Graduating State:
- % of CGPA:
- Graduating State:
- Year of Completion:
- Post Graduation(if applicable):
- % of CGPA:
- Graduating State:
- Year of Completion:
Preferred Test Location: Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune or Kolkata
IBM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FRESHERS
If you want to apply for IBM Off Campus Referral Drive 2018 here are some facts and IBM OFF Campus Eligibility Criteria for referral drive-
- Job Profile: System Engineer for GTS, GBS, IRL, ISL etc
- Degree Needed: B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech/MCA/M.Sc – 2016/2017/2018 Batch
- Exp Needed: Freshers
- Work location: Across India
- Event location: Bangalore/Chennai/Delhi/Hyderabad/Pune/Kolkata
- Last Date To Apply: 23 May 2018 (will change date if new drive comes)
Detailed Criteria –
- B.E / B.Tech / MCA / M.E. / M.Tech (2016, 2017 and 2018 passout batch)
- B.E/B.Tech: Computer Science, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Applied Electronics & Instrumentation, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Electronics &
- Telecommunication Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electronics Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Instrumentation Engineering
- M.E./ M.Tech: Computer Science, Computer Science and Engineering, Computer Science and Information Security, Computer Technology, Computer Technology and Application, Computer Applications in Industrial Drives, Data Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Software Systems. Web Technology
- Minimum Percentage: Graduation and Post-Graduation, e.g., B.E / B.Tech / MCA / M.E. / MTech) – 65% or 6.5 CGPA
- School (SSLC or Xth, HSC /PUC/XII, Diploma or Equivalent) – 60% or 6.0 CGPA
- No current backlogs.
- Open to candidates from any college across the country
- Name: Raman Raghav
- College: Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Branch: Computer Science
- Type of interview: Off-Campus Interview
I applied for the IBM off campus drive with a referral code. One of my relatives is placed in IBM Kolkata as the Software Engineer. I sent him my details and documents, and he provided me the IBM referral code through which I applied for the interview. I opted for the post of System Engineer at Global Business Services (GBS). I received an invitation email from IBM to attend the placement drive.
There were three sections in the written paper,
- Quantitative Ability
- Number Series
- Business Communication Test
There were 18 questions on the Quantitative Ability and 18 questions on the Number series. There was a time limit of 2 min 15 seconds for every question and if the time limit exceeds the question will be auto-submitted. The difficulty level of the questions was moderate to high. The PrepInsta practice papers were a great help while preparing for these sections. In the Business Communication Test, there were 22 MCQ questions and the total time limit was 20 minutes. The difficulty level of all the questions was moderate. There were no reading comprehension passages. Instead, there were questions related to active /passive voice, synonyms, antonyms, and fill in the blanks. There were some questions related to effective email writing.
After clearing the Written Round, I was selected for the face to face interview.
Face to Face Interview
I reached the Bangalore campus for the interview rounds. There I was informed that there would be two face to face interview rounds:
- Technical Round
- HR Round
I was very nervous before the interview, as only the candidates who cleared this round would be shortlisted for the HR round. My cousin told me to prepare well for this round and be thorough with the resume. As I entered the cabin, the interviewer was seated there. He asked me for my resume. I handed over my resume to him, and he started asking questions related to C, C++, and database.
- What are linear and non-linear data structures?
- What is an inner join and an outer join?
- Write the logic of merge sort.
- What is an LRU cache?
- Is this tree BST or not?
- Explain your final year project
- Can you draw an ER diagram of the project?
- Is there any difference between having and where clause?
- Explain the ACID properties.
- Write the query to print duplicate rows in a table.
The interview continued for an hour. I was hoping for a positive result. The results for the Technical round were declared, and I cleared this round and moved further for the final round.
After the technical round, I was quite confident for this round. I entered the cabin and greeted the HR. He asked me general questions related to my interests, career plans, etc.
- Introduce yourself?
- You had a gap of eight months after your graduation, what were you doing?
- Why do you want to join IBM?
- Any plans of doing M.B.A. or Mtech?
- Rate yourself on a scale of 1 – 10 in teamwork.
- Where do you see yourself in next two years?
The interview continued for 15 minutes. I was asked to submit the Xerox copies of my documents for further verifications. After a week I received an email from IBM that I have been selected for the profile of System Engineer. That was the happiest day of my life.
Detailed General Instructions for IBM
Please carry the below documents in original, one set photocopy and one set in soft copy in a pen-drive
1. Government issued photo ID card with complete and correct Date of Birth in DD / MM / YYYY format
3. All educational documents (10th standard to the highest completed degree. Please ensure to carry all mark sheets and the degree certificate)
4. Current employment (offer letter / revision letter )- If applicable
5. Previous two employment documents (offer letter and relieving letter/service letter)- If applicable
1. Plan your travel keeping in mind the time and duration of the event. The overall event is planned over a span of two/three days, hence make your own arrangements accordingly. Please note that IBM will not be responsible for any travel and accommodation.
2. Kindly read the eligibility criteria thoroughly.
Detailed Eligibility Criteria for IBM
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA –
1. Course Completion – 2017/ 2018 ( Only )
2. B.E/ B. Tech/M.E./ M.Tech – 65% or 6.5 CGPA and above Only.
3. SSLC / Xth, HSC / PUC / XII, Diploma or Equivalent – 60% or 6.0 CGPA.
(Calculation of qualifying marks = Sum total of marks obtained divided by Sum total of maximum marks obtainable.
All subjects will be considered including elective/optional subjects)
4. Branches allowed –
Computer Science and Engineering, Information Technology/Information Science Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science,
Computer Science and information Security, Computer Technology, Computer Technology and Application,
Computer Applications in Industrial Drives, Data engineering, Information Security, Software Systems, Web Technology.
4. No current backlogs.