On What Technologies have You Worked upon till now ?
What technologies have you worked with?
Generally, while asking such questions,”What technologies have you worked with?” the interviewer attempts to determine your qualifications and if the ones you possess are applicable to the role you’re interviewing for.
Now, if you know which technologies or skills are required for the job and you have prior experience with them, just mention and expand on those skills.
Questions that can be asked related to technical skills?
During an IT interview, you can expect to be asked questions from three categories:
- The interviewer tries to get a sense of your work style and skills by asking you questions about yourself.
- Questions about the work and the business – the answers to these questions will show whether or not you’ll fit in with the company’s culture.
- Your responses to technical questions will expose your experience, problem-solving techniques, and on-the-job results.
Note: If you don’t have any experience with the technology needed, be frank, mention a few that you are familiar with, and try to relate how those skills can be applied to the position you are applying for.
'Dos' and 'Dont's' while answering - "What technologies have you worked upon till now"
- Mention all the technologies which you have worked upon in your resume.
- Explain every technology which you have worked on but in a concise manner.
- Explain the technology that is vital for the post you are interviewing for.
- Do mention all your prior works and technologies that will be used in that post.
- Do not baffle the interviewer by the technologies about which you are clueless.
- Don’t take much time in breifing a single technology.
- If you do not have an idea about a particular technology, try to explain the technology that is similar to it.
- Do not ignore any technology already mentioned in your resume, because the interviewer can ask questions from the content you have mentioned in your resume.
Best Possible Answers for -"What technologies you have worked upon till now?"
Look at the sample responses below to see how they can help you answer the question more precisely and intelligently. Your response must include all of the key points from your technical skills and technologies that you have an experience with till date.
How to talk about the Technologies which you have worked upon ?
The response demonstrates to the hiring manager that the applicant is a good choice for the position by matching the criteria in the job posting with the candidate’s credentials and skill set.
According to what you’ve said and what I’ve learned from my study, your organization is looking for an administrative assistant with good interpersonal and technical skills. I believe my background and skills complement each other and make me a good match.
- I’m a professional communicator who can give oral presentations, communicate over the phone, and communicate by email. I already know how to use a variety of useful software programs, such as content management systems and spreadsheet programs.
- I’d be delighted to contribute my diverse skill set to your organization.
Describe your Experience
The interviewee uses an anecdote in this answer to demonstrate the qualifications. Showing rather than saying will help you make a stronger argument.
Explain your previous experience as example –
You will have to explain everything about previously used technologies and how they will be helpful in this organization. And along with the technologies what are your leading qualities.
Possible Answer 1:
“In terms of coding, I’ve used Python and collaborated with others. As a developer for (company name), I’ve been writing Python code for three years and have a lot of experience writing clean code. I often served as part of a team there in different capacities, gaining increasingly more responsibility as I progressed through the ranks.
Possible Answer 2:
“As a database developer, I belong to several specialized online communities and forums where I can ask questions and receive guidance about proprietary coding languages like Apex. I’ve used it in the past to get technical advice and solve problems for my boss.”
If you’re sharing a story about how your talents and abilities helped you at work, make sure you end it with an impressive point that came from your path and actions.
Articles Related to -"What technologies have you worked with?"
FAQ on What technologies have you worked upon till now?
Ques: Please give me some pointers on how to answer this issue.
To answer a question related to technology you know or the technology on which you have worked in the past, you need to remember the basic steps. These are:-
- Show how you will add value.
- Keep your response short and focused.
- Tell a story.
Ques: What should I not add in my answers so that I do not build up a bad image of my candidature?
There are few things to consider:-
- Never give the memorized answer
- Prepare a general outline of what you’ll say and adjust it as the interview progresses.
- For example, if the interviewer says that another quality or ability is more important to the company, make sure you include that in your answer.
- Make it about them, not about you: Instead of focusing on what you want in your next career, concentrate on your main strengths and skills for the job.
Ques: What kind of follow-up questions could there be?
Possible follow-up questions include the following:
- What makes you think we shouldn’t recruit you?
- Why are you the most qualified candidate for the position?
- What would you bring to this organization?
Get over 150+ course One Subscription
Courses like AI/ML, Cloud Computing, Ethical Hacking, C, C++, Java, Python, DSA (All Languages), Competitive Coding (All Languages), TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Amazon, DBMS, SQL and others
Login/Signup to comment