How will you manage a team of trainees?
How will you manage a team of trainees?
A good starting point is the Warren G. Bennis quote that “Leaders are people who do the right things; managers are people who do things right.”Managing new employees takes time, patience, and a lot of communication. You need to train them on the specific procedures at your company, what is expected of them, how they will be evaluated, and how to avoid common mistakes.
You also have to remember that all individuals learn at different rates and in different ways. While the task can seem overwhelming, with the right kind of focus, the rewards can be great, for both you and the new employee.
What managers want to know by asking "How will you manage a team of trainees?"
The top priority for team managers is delegation.No matter how skilled you are, there’s only so much that you can achieve working on your own. With a team behind you, you can achieve so much more,that’s why it’s so important that you delegate effectively!
Successful delegation starts with matching people and tasks, so you first need to explain what your team’s role and goals are. A good way of doing this is to put together a team charter,which sets out the purpose of the team and how it will work. Not only does this help you get your team off to a great start, it can also be useful for bringing the team back on track if it’s veering off course
Guidelines For Training New Employees
Points to remember during managing a team of trainees:
1. Listen to their ideas:
- You should always listen to their ideas and encourage their creativity and innovation.
2.Focus on team building:
- Make sure that there is a proper interaction between your teammates as without it is impossible to work in a team.
3.Don’t play favorites:
- you are a team leader.Everyone is same for you.you can’t make anyone as your favourite as it will create a conflict in your team and may affect in the progress and result.
3. Reward and celebrate individual and team success:
- As your employees become more productive and start achieving their goals more effectively be sure to celebrate their success.This will boost their moral and enhance their productivity rate.
4.Don’t neglect your senior employees:
- Experience is the key factor to obtain desired result.Senior employees have much experience and their ideas can’t be neglected as they are helpful to get the result.
5.Provide frequent feedback:
- New employees have tendency to make more mistakes as compared to senior employees.A regular and frequent feedback is must to prevent them from making this as a bad habit.
6.Motivating your team:
- Motivation is something which can make a huge difference in bringing out the productivity and achieving the goals.A happy and willing to work employee will always help team to achieve target comfortably.
Possible Answers For “How will you manage a team of trainees?”
It will be a great opportunity for me to manage a team of trainees. Answering to the question how will i manage the team my answer will have some points.A strong communication between every member of team is necessary.So,a proper communication will be established between all the members so that everyone will be able to present their ideas.
For managing a team we must focus on new trainees as well as the senior members of the team as they are most experienced guys and experience is what the most required thing for a team to achieving the goal.
Sharing feedback with new trainees is one of the most important things to be taken care of.As the new trainees have more tendency to make mistakes and they should be informed about their mistakes so that they realize their mistakes and make sure that they won’t make that a habit.
Motivating team members at regular intervals keeps a trainee motivated towards their work and they will be boosted to complete their job more effectively.
Maintaining discipline at a workplace is something mandatory for the individuals to work in a acceptable way.Maintaining Discipline helps in adhering rules and regulations of the organization.
Question : If I don’t want to lead the team can i refuse straight away?
If you don’t want to lead the team you are free to refuse but there is a particular way of executing anything.Rejecting such an opportunity will create a bad impression of yours.It will represent you as someone who is not capable of leading a team or handle situations which are not in your favour.
Question : Can i select two or three employees from my team and divide the rest team under them?
No. Here you are the team leader so you have to make sure that you are leading the team. By dividing the team you are going away from your responsibility and this show a negative impact of yours as a team leader. The whole team is working under you so it is your responsibility to manage the team and bear all the pressure.