Deloitte Versant Test
|Paper Section||No. of Questions|
Deloitte Versant Test
In this article related to the versant test we would be discussing about what exactly the Deloitte versant test is, what are the basic skills which are needed for clearing this Deloitte versant test, how the Deloitte versant test is conducted and the sectional cut-offs and various other things.
This page will cover the following topics related to the versant test. These are as follows:-
- What is Deloitte Versant Test?
- What are the basic skills required for clearing this test?
- How is the test conducted?
- The number of sections present in the test and various other topics.
What is Deloitte Versant Test?
Deloitte Versant is basically an automated language spoken test which is taken on the computer and you will only be eligible for this test when you would have successfully cleared the first round that is the written round of Deloitte.
This test is called SVAR (details for which is provided at the end of this page), and if any third party will be conducting this test then it will be called Versant test. Basically Deloitte uses both SVAR and Versant and the rounds in both exams are exactly the same, it is standard test devised by famous laureate Rubin Versant, which is followed to test your language and fluency skills.
The Basic skills of the candidtae which are being analyzed in this test are as follows –
- Reading Skills
- Listening Skills
- Analyzing skills
- English Grammar Skills
If you’re from a good CBSE/ISCE school and can speak fluent English this will be not that difficult for you.
Deloitte Versant Test Sections
- You will get a sheet before you would be giving the test, the sheet will have the instruction for the test.
- Sheet of paper having some sentences. There will be some jumbled phrases also
Hear a conversation between two people (Speaking in US Accent) for 3 mins once you complete this you will have to answer some questions based on this section.
Fill in the Blanks will be there you will hear a sentence with blanks and you will need to fill those with correct words and ignore grammar errors.
There will be a Paragraph you will have to read that paragraph in your basic English and Accent. You will have to read this for about 1 mins 30 secs
Introduce yourself, this section basically checks your grammar and sentence formation skills
They will give you a random topic and about 10 seconds to think, then you will have to speak about it for a minute. One of the topic was importance of Physical Activities, this is also important for Deloitte Versant Test Cut Off.
Things to note before attending test:
- Have a phone with very good signal.
- Make sure no one will call you while attending.
- Try listening to the trial tests.
- Read and understand all the instructions.
- Note that Deloitte never declare or let you know a cut off for this test.
Things to note while attending:
- Be as audible as you can.
- Keep yourself isolated from others or any other noise.
- Listen to the voice very carefully.
- Never ever ever get tensed. If you do you’ll loose your tone.
- Try to keep a normal slang by pronouncing each word properly.
Deloitte Versant Test Cut Off
The Deloitte Versant Test cut off will be 75 percentile. If you are in the top 25 % people then you will make it to the next round.
How to clear Deloitte SVAR or Versant Test ?
The test is conducted using IVR and you have to listen to the questions asked and answer online accordingly. There are different sections like
Listening : You would need to listen to a conversation between two persons .Post listening to the conversation, you would be asked specific questions. It would be in American accent mostly.
Fill in the blanks : You have to complete the sentence with the right word/s . Some questions may be based from the grammar perspective too.
Reading : Some questions can be on reading & comprehension.
This post will cover everything that you need to know for cracking Deloitte Versant test.
So, to test your reading, speaking and writing abilities this test is conducted.
SVAR – which loosely means words and voice in hindi is a patented test which evaluates the candidate on the following capabilities –
It is a telephone based test, which you can also attend by home or in case of on campus placements via portal connect a headphone and make a call to the number that they give you via computer.
- Step 1 – Make call to the number they provides to you.
- Duration of the test will be – 20 mins
- No of Questions – 45 Questions
- Step 2 – IVR will be prompted, state your Name, ID given to you before the test and then using the phone digits enter your ID again
- Step 3 – Test will now start
Note – Make sure that you have alteast 50Rs balance before calling the number(If you are taking the test at home). The number is not toll free and the call ending may result in test status as not completed.
Check List before making the call
- More than 50Rs balance in phone.
- Proper Network(Avoid making calls with JIO), though number of re-attempts allowed for the test are 2, in case of call failures.
- Speak where there is no background noise and disturbance in a closed room preferably.
- Use earphones or headphones with working microphone(test this before hand), to be able to hear what IVR says
- Note down Your ID, PARSE KEY (given to you by your test centre), SVAR ID, TEST ID in a notepad.You need to type these on your mobile’s keypad for verification.
- A pen or pencil to write something
Main Topics of SVAR Test –
- A busy market scene
- Children’s Playground
There are six sub modules in the test which are the following –
- Before making the call they will give you a list of 12 sentences
- These sentences will be mailed to your email ID that you used to register for the test
- There will be beeps in the test
- After every beep(Cue) you need to recite the 1 sentence and then wait for the next beep sound
- Always speak in normal conversational speed for reading sentence
- Avoid wrong pronunciation of words, try reciting sentences to a person who is good in English and take Feedback
- Avoid your breathing voice to be heard over call, make sure microphone is a little far from mouth.
- Do not stammer
- The IVR will recite you 10 sentences on after the another
- You need to hear those sentences properly and and recite them back to the IVR and then wait for next sentence to be recited by IVR and do this again 10 times.
- IVR means – Interactive voice
- Make sure that there is no background noise to hinder your listening skills
- The length of the sentence will be long like – Jackson was a little perpetual after he gave the test and was psychologically not well since he feared in apathy of not doing well in the online test paper attended by him.
Module 3(Listening Deductions)
- You will hear a conversation between to people for about 2 mins and 30 seconds
- After the conversation in the IVR has ended, the IVR will ask you 5-10 questions
- These questions will be based on the conversation you just heard
- Most asked conversation is a lady speaking to customer service support representative about her order refund
- Make sure that you have a pen and paper to jot down to most important points like order number, reason of refund etc etc
- For IT company the call may be between client and manager about new project start date, technology used, team size, delivery date etc
- Sample question can be what was the order number and refund reason the test
- In this section you will hear a question and 4 options
- This will be a MCQ type question
- You may have to answer the questions based on jumbled sentence order, fill in the blanks etc
- You will only hear the options once so make sure that you hear them properly
Module 5(Error Identification)
- In this section you will be a sentences by IVR
- You have to find out the error in the sentences that are spoken by the IVR
- Most questions will be on wrong very or wrong third form used like (has instead of had, cutted instead of cut etc)
- Make sure that you hear the sentence from grammar perspective.
- IVR will speak a topic name
- It will give you instruction that you have to wait for 30 secs, this time is intentionally given to the user to think
- After 30 seconds are over you will hear a beep voice.
- Post which you have to speak again for next 45 seconds on the topic that was given by you.
Never cut the call yourself after the test, wait for IVR to auto disconnect the call, because if you cut the call yourself, your test may show not complete error.
These are the information given regarding the test –
- SVAR Survey by Aspiring Minds: 97% engineers in India cannot speak English required for jobs in corporate sales/business consulting.
- National Spoken English Skills report, Engineers 2015-16 by Aspiring Minds, based on SVAR, India’s largest Spoken English Test.
- Around 3/4th engineers do not have spoken English skills required for any job in knowledge economy.
- Around 61% engineers possess grammar skills no better than a class VII student.
- Females score over males in written English while males show better Spoken element.
- Not more than 7.1% engineers can speak English with fluency that renders speech meaningful.
- Pronunciation and fluency are the major barriers in effective Spoken English.
Deloitte Versant Test based Skills
|Deloitte Versant Test||Skill|
|Listening||List and Recite Sentences|
|Listening Deductions||Listen and answer Questions|
|Grammar||Give Grammar Justification|
|Error Identification||Find Error and Correct|
|Speaking||Speak on a Topic|
SVAR enables automated evaluation of fluency, pronunciation, listening and comprehension of English language with consistency and accuracy.
- The importance of English communication for jobs in the knowledge economy cannot be overrated.
- Any job involving customer interaction, be it in sales, customer service or the hospitality industry, requires both comprehension of spoken English and the ability to speak in English in a neutral accent.
- Even in jobs such as software development or analytics, there are multiple client interactions in the project life-cycle which require spoken English skills.
- Additionally, there is substantial evidence that spoken English skills lead to better employment outcomes, wages and growth.
- There is a huge need of being able to evaluate English accurately, in an automated way and remotely as well.