Majority Element in Array
Majority Element in array in Java Language
In this page, we will look into a coding question where we will learn how to find the element which occurs the majority number of times in an array in Java Programming Language.
There might be a different approach to solve this question, If you have a different approach comment below in the comment section.
Write a program in Java programming language where you need to find the element of array which occurs most time in the array.
11 22 33 44 55 66 77 44
- Create a variable to store the max count, count = 0
- Traverse through the array from start to end.
- For every element in the array run another loop to find the count of similar elements in the given array.
- If the count is greater than the max count update the max count and store the index in another variable.
- If the maximum count is greater than the half the size of the array, print the element. Else print there is no majority element.