CGI Selected Students Success Stories
College: RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
Branch: Computer Science
Type of interview: ON-Campus Interview
CGI- An international IT consulting firm, was hiring freshers in 2020. Our college organized a placement drive for the same. The eligibility standards for this drive was:
- Minimum 60% in 10th and 12th standard.
- 65% in BE/B. Tech (Any Stream)
- MCA/MSc. with no existing backlogs.
Since I was eligible to participate in the interview, hence I enrolled myself for the same. The selection process involved three rounds, which are mentioned below:
- Online written test.
- Group Discussion
- Technical and HR interview round.
Online Written Test
It was an online test round. This online test contained a series of questions which were divided into six different parts, namely:
- Quants: This section had 16 questions on topics like: HCF and LCM, Divisibility, probability speed, and distance, Algebra, equations, progression, profit and loss, ratio and percentage, averages, geometry, probability, Clocks and calendars, Geometry, Coordinate geometry, etc. The total time allotted to this section was 16 minutes.
- Logical reasoning: This section had 18 questions on topics: Coding, Directional Sense, seating arrangement, visual reasoning, blood relations, flowcharts, statement, and conclusion, Data Sufficiency, etc. The total time allotted to this section was 18 minutes.
- Computer programming: This section contained 25 questions on Data Types, Iteration, Recursion, Decision, Trees, Graphs, Queues, Hash Tables, Heaps, Searching and Sorting, Polymorphism, Encapsulation, Complexity Theory, Searching and sorting, etc. The total time allotted to this section was 25 minutes.
- Verbal Ability: This section had 22 questions on Contextual vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, and Jumbled up sentences, Prepositions, and Conjunctions, Tenses and articles, etc. The total time allotted to this section was 25 minutes.
- Coding: This round consisted of 2 questions, based on Pattern making and code optimization. The total time allotted to this section was 45 minutes.
Round 2-Group Discussion
In this round, the students were divided into groups, and each group was given a topic. The topics were related to everyday activities and events prevalent around society.
In this round, the students were expected to give reliable and significant opinions. The interviewer evaluated us on the basis of confidence, extemporized knowledge, convincing ability, and communication skills. Even though I was nervous from inside, but I somehow, I managed to present myself confidently. I participated in each conversation and made good communication skills. Eventually, when the result was announced, I was called for the last round.
Round 3-Human Relation (HR) Interview
This is the last round of the selection process. I found this round very exciting and interactive at the same time. At first, I was asked about my skills and interest., I was also asked about the knowledge I have in terms of CGI and its background. Apart from all this he also asked me some basic personal questions like:
- What does your father do?
- What are your future plans?
- What are your greatest professional strengths?
- Tell us about an accomplishment you are most proud of?
- Do you want to pursue higher education?
This round also went pretty well and I got selected. Later I got an email from the company with an offer letter, inviting me for a one-month training program. The company reviewed my performance in the training session. They were satisfied with my work and sent me the joining letter after a month of training.