Mahindra Comviva Verbal English Papers with Answers
Mahindra Comviva Verbal Questions and Answers
Verbal is the second section
Mahindra ComViva English Curriculum 2019
Mahindra Comviva Verbal Paper with Solutions- 2019
Verbal Interview Experience for Mahindra Comviva
Name: Sonia Krishnamurthy
College: PSG College of Technology
Branch: Computer Science
Type of interview: ON-Campus Interview
Mahindra Comviva visited my college seven months back. They conducted the recruitment drive for the “Product Development Engineer,” for their Bengaluru branch with a CTC of 6Lpa. Because of the amazing salary package, most of the students applied for the drive. The Mahindra Comviva Practice papers and the previous year papers available on PrepInsta Dashboard were a great support while preparing for the interview.
AMCAT Written Test
The login id and password for the paper were sent on our registered email id. It was a 3 hours paper divided into five sections. Quants, Logical Reasoning, Verbal English, Aspiring Personality Test, and Computer Programming Test. The first four sections were same for all the branches except the last section. It was different for every domain. The results were declared at that very second as soon we submitted the test. Students scoring more than 70 percentile were eligible to apply for the Mahindra Comviva recruitment drive. Only 45 students were shortlisted, out of 300.
Round 2 (Face to Face Round)
This round was divided into three divisions,
- Technical Round I
- Technical Round II
- HR Round
In both the technical rounds, there were questions related to the basics of JAVA, Data Structures, Operating System, RDBMS, and OOPs. The interviewers in both the rounds check whether the candidate can perform in panicking situations, and can meet the deadlines. Plus they take CV very seriously, so whatever is written on the CV should be correct.
Technical Round I
The recruiter asked me to write the code for Armstrong number within 4 minutes. After this, he went through my CV, and till then he asked me to write the code for a circular linked list. Then he asked me,
- Name the operations performed on, the relational database.
- What are Infix, Prefix, and Postfix Notations?
- Which data structure uses Breadth First Search of a graph?
- Why is JAVA not 100% object oriented?
- Explain a wrapper class.
- Is there any difference between Heap and Stack Memory?
- Explain a deadlock.
After this quick session, he asked me to explain my final year project in depth. He asked me what my contribution was, and then asked me N number of questions related to it. Later on, he asked me what I know about the job profile, i.e., the responsibilities of a product development engineer. After I was done with my answer, he concluded the interview with a thank you and I left.
Technical Round II
The 1st question was explain the bubble sort with an example. After this, he asked me to write various commands used in Linux. One question was, “Write the command through which you can see the version of your kernel.” After this, he asked,
- Explain the use of an NVL function.
- What is a nested table?
- Explain DML.
- Can you edit the Linux kernel?
- Differentiate between BASH and DOS.
- What is a root account?
- Explain polymorphism.
Then he asked me to give a brief overview of the final year project. Then he asked some questions about the certifications that I had done before, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP). At last, he asked me to draw the OSI Reference Model, and then the interview ended. The candidates moving to the last round were shortlisted by the scores from both the technical rounds. Only eight students (including me) could qualify for the HR Round.
In this round, the interviewer gave me three puzzles to solve within a time frame of 15 minutes which were,
1) One day, an alien visited Earth. After that every day, each alien does one of four things, each with equal probability to:
(i) Kill himself
(ii) Do nothing
(iii) Split himself into two aliens (while killing himself)
(iv) split himself into three aliens (while killing himself)
What is the probability that the alien species eventually dies out entirely?
2) A photon starts moving in a random direction from the center of a square of size 3. Let’s say it first colloids to the glass wall AB. What is the expected distance traveled by a photon before hitting the wall AB again?
3) You and your friend are caught by gangsters and made to play a game to determine if you should live or die. The game is simple. There is a deck of cards, and you both have to choose a card. You can look at each other’s cards but not at the card you have chosen. You both will survive if both are correct in guessing the card they have chosen. Otherwise, both die. What is the probability of you surviving if you and your friend play the game optimally?
Out of three, two puzzles were correct, and one was partially correct. After this he asked me what do I know about the company and how will I be an asset to them? Later, he gave a brief introduction to Mahindra Comviva and how it is connected to Mahindra, and the interview was concluded. I along with the other two students were selected and were handed the offer letter for the position of the Product Development Engineer at Mahindra Comviva. The joining letter came after a month.
Mahindra Comviva English Verbal 2019
Sentence Improvement and Construction
Tenses & Articles
Preposition & Conjunctions
Speech & Voices
Mahindra Comviva Verbal Questions and Answers based FAQ’S