HCL Recruitment Process for Freshers 2018
HCL has a fairly simple Recruitment Process for freshers 2018. It was just changed in march 2018. The new process for recruitment is only available on PrepInsta.
- HCL Salary – Varies Campus to Campus
- Range – 3.15 LPA to 4 LPA (Better colleges have higher salary)
- Joining location – For 90% of the people joining location will be Noida or Chennai, though they have offices in Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore etc.
HCL Recruitment Process 2018
About HCL –
You must know this as this information is constantly asked in HCL Interviews
- Founded in – 1976
- CEO – Shiv Nadar
- Founder – C Vijayakumar
- Number of Employees – 117,781
- Revenue – 8 Billion
- Full form – Hindustan Computers Limited
HCL Technologies is on the Forbes Global 2000 list. It is among the top 20 largest publicly traded companies in India with a market capitalisation of $18.7 billion as of May 2017.As of May 2018, the company, along with its subsidiaries, had a consolidated revenue of $7.8 billion.
The company has offices in 39 countries including the United States, France and Germany, and the United Kingdom with a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs and delivery centers, and 120,000+ employees and it’s customers include 250 of the Fortune 500 and 650 of the Global 2000 companies. It operates across sectors including aerospace and defense, automotive, banking, capital markets, chemical and process industries, consumer goods, energy and utilities, healthcare, hi-tech, industrial manufacturing, insurance, life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, mining and natural resources, oil and gas, retail, telecom, and travel, transportation, logistics & hospitality.
Process for Freshers Recruitment 2018
- Written Exam
- Communication Skill test (Was there in 2016 but discontinued in 2017, not sure if it will be there in 2017)
- Group Discussion
- Technical Interview
- HR Interview
Written Communication test is basically the interviewer will sit in front of you and will ask you to speak on basic topics like your favourite holiday place etc. To check if you’re speaking in good pronunciation or not.
- Quantitative Aptitude – 15 Ques
- Verbal English – 15 Ques
- Logical Reasoning – 15 Ques
- Technical Ability – 15 Ques
- General Knowledge on Geography Capital of Countries and Oceans etc – 5 Ques
HCL Written Test Recruitment Process
|HCL Recruitment Process 2018||No. of Questions||Time||Difficulty||Importance|
Detailed Facts about Recruitment Process for HCL
|HCL Recruitment Process for Freshers||Cut off||Most difficult Topic||Suggested Avg. time to solve||Correct Questions by 90th Percentile|
|Aptitude||13||Mixtures and Allegations||50 secs||14|
|General Knowledge||3||30 secs||5|
- The candidate should have done B.tech (C.S/I.T/E.C.E)
- The aspiring candidate must have scored 65% in class 10th,12th and graduation.
- The education gap should not be of more than 1 year.
HCL Syllabus for Recruitment
- HCF and LCM
- Number System
- Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns
- Permutation and
- Time Speed and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Interest, Mixtures and Allegations
- Directional Sense
- Logical Reasoning
- Coding and Decoding
- Data Sufficiency
- Pattern Analogy
- Number Series
- Logical Statement Assumptions
- Sentence Correction
- Reading Comprehension
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Fill in the Blanks
- Computer Basics
- Data Structures
- Code input outputs
- History of HCL
- Capitals of Countries(Generally where HCL has offices)
Candidate Experience for Freshers
Round 1 : Basic Apptitude
This round would test your ability of Verbal and Quant section. This would not be that typical however, good preparation makes everything easy.
Round 2 : Communication Skill test
This round would be more focused towards your ability to speak English. Don’t get scared, they just want to check whether you would be able to interact with anyone in organization or with client if required. If you have “sa” “sha” pronunciation issue then work on it. It can have major effects on your chances of getting selected for next round.
Tip: Don’t rush when speaking in English, Speak a bit slowly and calmly. Interviewers are there to listen to you.
Round 3 : Technical Round
Well this round can be tricky as the flow can be dependent on interviewer, his interests, your branch, even on the candidate sitting along with you if they are interviewing more then one candidate at a time.
Tip: Brush up some Network related topics like OSI model etc. Your project. Little knowledge of CS subjects.
Round 4 : HR Round
This round can be a discussion about you, or your views about some topic.
Tip: this round can convert to a group discussion round so be prepared.
How is it like to work at HCL
Whoaa !! My turn to answer it with a different perspective (may be a bit skewed but for sure would be helpful) !!
So, HCL Tech is an Indian IT MNC hovering with revenues in range of USD 6–7bn for quite many years and its appreciable that it has still maintained its dominance in global IT services competitive scenario as compared to its close competitors like TCS, CTS, Wipro, Infosys.
I was employed with HCL in ERS-OEM-Telecom-Wireless vertical which interprets as Engineering R&D services for Original Equipment Manufacturers in Wireless Telecom domain. Vertical integration of the wireless telecom industry will mean communication service providers (CSPs like Vodafone, Airtel, Jio). Arriving to evaluating the company against following parameters:
- Quality projects: Similar, to telecom vertical some of my friends were deployed in Healthcare, Automobiles, Avionics, Unified Communication, Infrasturcture Division domains. Projects were quite good in case you had the potential as well as positive attitude to learn. I had enriched knowledge in Physical layer code of a RAN box simulator (telecom guys will understand) as well as conformance & interoperability testing, 3GPP defined specifications for GERAN and UTRAN protocols and architectural understanding of wireless access technologies to quote a few.
- Future Prospects: Onsite opportunities were quite decent after a fixed tenure at the HCL and which seemed to be a promising aspect for the engineers. Almost, all of my friends i know of in the company had once a chance to visit abroad and work with onsite team at good pay as well as role enhancements. Some of them became permanent consultants to the client as well.
- Offshore Pay: Take home pay is generally cribbed about by many employees as compared to its rivals.
- Workplace Facilities: Gym, cafeteria, sports, cleanlisess, medical facility, extra-curriculars etc. are all upto mark and as per industry specifications.
- Brand Value: “Brand matters” i got to realize while pursuing MBA and it could be a game changer at times. It also reduced social risk, psychological risk, functional risk as well as functioal risk for me which a brand owes to one.
Further, smart work is always dominating over hard work so it’s much needed to focus on learning incrementally day by day than to crib about the politics/transparency/salaries at any workplace. One needs to make their own way ahead and lead their career. Remember “you always appreciate your school/college and criticize your workplace”. So, it’s a never ending cycle and so, better look beyond to find solutions than to list problems.