Video courses for company/skill based Preparation
Purchase mock tests for company/skill building
Storage Class in C
Storage Classes in C
Storage Classses are used to descirbe the different features of variables and functions in C programming language.
These features mainly includes the following point.
- The Scope of Variable.
- The Lifetime of variable.
- The location where the variable will be stored.
- Initial value of Variable.
- Who can access the variable or where the variable is accessible.
Types of Storage Classes.
- Auto Storage Class
- This is the default storage class for all the variables declared inside a function or a block
- There is no need for writing auto keyword while writing the C program.
- Extern Storage Class
- Extern storage stands for external storage.
- Extern means that variable is declared outside the block where it is used.
- Register Storage Class
- Register storage class is almost same as auto storage class.
- Register storage basically stores variable into CPU register rather than RAM for faster access.
- Static Storage Class
- This storage class is used to declare static variables which are popularly used while writing programs in C language.
- Static variables have a property of preserving their value even after they are out of their scope