Wipro Interview Experience for Freshers 2018
Wipro Interview Experience 2018 for Freshers
- Wipro Off Campus Drive Interview Experience – 1
- Wipro Off Campus Drive Interview Experience – 2
- Wipro Off Campus Drive Interview Experience – 3
- Wipro On Campus Drive Interview Experience – 1
- Wipro On Campus Drive Interview Experience – 2
- Wipro On Campus Drive Interview Experience – 3
- Wipro On Campus Drive Interview Experience – 4
Name: Venugopal Iyer
College: Ramaiyah College of Engineering and Technology
Branch: Computer Science
Type of interview: Off-Campus Interview
I applied for the Wipro off campus drive through AMCAT. After registering on www.aspiringminds.com, I received my AMCAT admit card and test center details. The paper was scheduled for the next week. So I brushed up my fundamentals and referred to the previous year papers of Wipro available on PrepInsta. The papers gave me an exact idea of the type of questions and exam pattern. I learned that Wipro interview has three rounds: written test conducted by AMCAT, technical interview, and HR interview.
AMCAT Written Paper
The written paper had two rounds:
First Round: In this round it was compulsory to take the test at the test centre. This round had three sections Quantitative Analysis, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation, and Verbal ability. All the sections had their sectional cut-offs, and different time limits.
- In the Quants section, the questions were majorly from the topics, Profit and Loss, Simple and Compound Interest, Probability, and Logarithms. The time limit for this section was 16 minutes and the number of questions were also 16. Most of the questions were almost similar to the one I studied on PrepInsta. The difficulty level was
- The Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation section had 18 questions of moderate difficulty level and the time alloted for this section was 18 minutes. This section had questions related to Data Sufficiency, graphs, pie charts, blood relation, objective reasoning.
- The Verbal Section had 22 questions and the time limit allotted to this section was 22 minutes. The questions were simple but were a bit The questions were related to reading comprehensions, synonyms, antonyms, contextual vocabulary and error identification.
Second Round: In this round we had a choice that we could either take the test at test centre or at our home. So I chose to take the test from home. The only requirement for this test was that the screen and the headphone jack should be ON as the screen gets recorded, to eliminate any cheating or forgery. This round also had two sections, Wipro Coding Test and the Written English Test.
Wipro Coding Round – In this round, we had an option between the coding test and the MCQ programming test. I chose the coding test. There were two coding questions, Fibonacci series, and matrix multiplication. Both of my codes were executed successfully.
Written English – In this section I had to write an essay on “Is Facebook good or bad?” The time limit was of 20 minutes. The only essential point to remember was that there should be no grammatical errors in the article.
The result of the paper was declared after 14 days on my registered email id. I scored an average of 77 %. I filled the form for the Wipro off-campus drive. I submitted my test scores and awaited the results.
I received a text message that I have been shortlisted for the interview process. The details about the interview date and venue were sent to my email id.
I reached the Wipro Mumbai campus for my interview. The interview was scheduled at 11:00 am. All the candidates were informed that there would be two rounds, Technical and HR.
The interviewer asked me questions related to the basic concepts of C and C++. He asked me questions related to data encapsulation, data abstraction, and concepts of DBMS such as Primary key, secondary key, generalization. The interview went for 20 minutes. I was able to answer most of the questions.
Fortunately, I was selected, and I was eligible for the, HR round.
This was the last round of the interview process. I entered the cabin, the interviewer asked me to take a seat. After having a quick glance at my resume, the interviewer started asking me questions related to my personal life, hobbies, interest and much more.
- So, tell me something about yourself which is not present on the resume.
- What was your final year project about? Can you explain?
- What are your future career plans?
- Are you planning to settle down?
- Your resume says you have a certification in OCJP, so let’s have a quick questionnaire related to JAVA?
- What are your salary expectations?
I answered all the questions honestly. The interviewer seemed pleased.
After the interview, I was informed that the results would be mailed to us on our ids within two weeks. So, after a week I received a congratulations email from Wipro as I was selected.