TCS Eligibility Criteria 2019
Eligibility Criteria for TCS 2019
TCS has changed its eligibility criteria for 2018 selections that it will be making this year. Most of the websites are giving old 2016 based Eligibility Criteria for TCS which is completely wrong, you will find the most relevant TCS eligibility Criteria for Freshers 2018 for both On Campus and Off Campus Placements.
Don’t trust anyone but us to provide you the latest information as most websites don’t update their content once they post it.
- Salary offered by TCS – Rs.3,50,000
- Monthly approx Salary – Rs 26,000
- Salary after first promotion – Approx Rs4,15,000
|TCS Eligibility Criteria for Freshers||On Campus or Off Campus|
|Marks in 10th||more than 60%|
|Marks in 12th||more than 60%|
|Age||18 to 28 years|
|Degree||BE/ ME or B.Tech / M.Tech|
|GPA||more than 6 GPA|
|Maximum Experience||3 years|
Degree based Eligibility Criteria for TCS
The following are eligible –
TCS Eligibility Criteria for Freshers 2018
- BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech – Eletrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Electronics and Communication Enginering (ECE), Information Technology(IT), Computer Science Engineering(CSE), Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication, Electronics/Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering, Instrument Engineering, Network Engineering, and Electrical Engineering.
- Degree/ Diploma – MCA with BSc, BCA, BCom, or BA (with a background in Statistics or Maths)
- Science – M.Sc in Information Technology or Computer Science
BackLog based Eligibility Criteria for TCS
- Shouldn’t have passed with grace marks in any of the subject in class 10th or equivalent
- Shouldn’t have passed with grace marks in any of the subject in class 12th or equivalent
- Not more than 2 current arrears or backlogs
- Not more than 2 years of education Gap
Marks based Eligibility Criteria for TCS
- Marks in Class 10th or equivalent for TCS Eligibility – more than 60%
- Marks in Class 12th or equivalent for TCS Eligibility – more than 60%
- Marks or CGPA in Class 10th or equivalent for TCS Eligibility – more than 60% or 6 CGPA on scale of 10
Work Experience based Criteria for TCS
The candidate must not have more than 3 years or relevant experience, only then he would be eligible for any kind of recruitment drive for TCS.
TCS Eligibility Criteria for Experienced Candidates
- Minimum 15 years of regular education (10th + 12th + 3 years Graduation)
- Graduates through Open Universities / Correspondence graduates need not apply
- Not more than 2 years of gap in Graduation or Employment.
- Candidates who have attended the selection process in the last 6 months will not be eligible to apply again
TCS Eligibility Criteria for TNSLPP Drive
Eligible Branches: TNSLPP TCS drive for the present final year students
B.E. / B.Tech. (CSE, ECE, EEE, EIE, ICE, IT, Mechanical)
MCA: with BSc/BCA/BCom/BA (with Math/Statistics Background)
MSc: CS, IT, SW
Eligibility criteria: Marks and Backlogs
- Minimum 75.00% from 10th onwards
- CGPA 7.50 and above (no rounding off) from the first Semester to last Semester
- No Standing Arrears
- Any break in education should not exceed 24 months
- Age limitation: 18 (min)-28 (max)
TCS Cut of for Written Test Eligibility
TCS Eligibility based FAQ’s
Ques. Will I be eligible for TCS drive if I have less than 6GPA in college?
No, TCS is very particular about the selection of employee.
Let me give an example one of my friend was have having 5.96 CGPA during our campus placement even though CTS accepted the CGPA but whereas TCS rejected the application of my friend.
TCS is very punctual in this type of matters.
Below is official TCS criteria, though its boring to read. You can read it below if you’re interested.
How to Apply for TCS Off Campus –
TCS Off Campus 2018 – Direct Applying
The process below is for Direct applying if applying via TNSLPP refer in the section after this.
The Application process is divided into two formats –
Application and Registration
- GoTo – https://nextstep.tcs.com/ and Click on Register Now (Do this later – Read whole process first)
- Click on IT
- Fill the form and remember Password and Reference ID
- Login to https://nextstep.tcs.com using your Reference ID and Password
- Go to “Application Form” on the page
- Fill this Application form completely and successful completion pop up will come, some students will wrong information and TCS doesn’t allow them to join even if they clear all round so make sure you will this correctly
Checking if Applied Successfully
- To do this click on “Track my Application” if the status says received successfully then you’ve registered.
If you area Registered Already then
- You will have a number like CT XXXX or DT XXXX so you need not register again make sure you have filled the whole form properly
- Edit Application form option is there on the page as well you can use that incase you want to edit information entered.
- CT candidates must select the test center from Select nearest test location option on the page.
- DT candidates will have same test location as they had entered in the form. If you want to change this change this by editing application form for TCS Off Campus 2018.
Official TCS Guidelines for Eligibility
Minimum aggregate (aggregate of all subjects in all semesters) marks of 60% or above in the first
attempt in each of your Class Xth, Class XIIth, Diploma (if applicable), Graduation and Post-Graduation
examination which includes successful completion of your final year/semester without any pending
arrears/back logs during the entire course duration. Please note that all subjects mentioned on the mark
sheets should be taken into consideration while calculating the aggregate marks. For example, best of 5/6
subjects for calculating the aggregate is not acceptable as per the TCSL Eligibility Criteria. All subjects
mentioned on the marksheet (including languages, optional subjects etc) should be taken into
consideration for calculating obtained/total marks/CGPA. In cases where a candidate has completed both,
XIIth and Equivalent Diploma, the cut off percentage of 60% and above is applicable to both the courses.
First attempt implies that you should clear the final year/semester examination (Xth, XIIh, Diploma,
Graduation and Post-Graduation as applicable) with minimum aggregate (aggregate of all subjects in all
semesters) marks of 60% and above within the normal duration of the course itself. For example, if you
have secured 58.9 % (aggregate of all subjects) in your Standard XIIth examination in the first attempt and
you have taken an improvement exam in the next attempt securing 62 %, you do not fulfil the TCSL
eligibility criteria as marks/CGPA obtained during the normal duration of the course only will be
Completion of all courses Class Xth onwards within the stipulated time as specified by your
University/Institute and as per the TCSL Selection Guidelines without any extended education. For
example, if you have a backlog in the final semester of BE, it is considered as extended education as the
stipulated time to complete BE is 4 years.
Maximum upto 1 pending backlog/arrear in the highest qualification will be permitted only at the time of
appearing for the TCS Selection process. If selected, no pending backlogs will be permitted at the time of
joining TCS. All pending backlogs should be completed within the normal course duration.
It is mandatory to declare the gaps/arrears/backlogs, if any, during your academic and/or work
experience. Break in education should not be due to extended education. Any break in education/work
experience should not exceed 24 months and is permissible only for valid reasons. Relevant document
proof, as applicable, will be checked for gaps in education.
Only Full time courses will be considered (Part Time/Correspondence courses will not be considered).
Candidates with work experience of more than 3 years are not eligible to participate in the TCS Selection
You should be minimum 18 years of age to be eligible to apply for the TCSL Selection process.
Candidates who have applied to TCSL and have not been successful in clearing the TCSL selection process
are not eligible to re-apply to TCSL within six months from the date on which they had attended such
selection test and/or interview. You are not eligible to appear for the TCSL selection process within six
months of the previous unsuccessful attempt.