Video courses for company/skill based Preparation
Purchase mock tests for company/skill building
TCS Eligibility Criteria 2020
Eligibility Criteria for TCS 2020
TCS has changed its eligibility criteria for 2019 selections that it will be making this year. Most of the websites are giving old 2018 based Eligibility Criteria for TCS which is completely wrong, you will find the most relevant TCS eligibility Criteria for Freshers 2020-21 for both On Campus and Off Campus Placements.
Don’t trust anyone but us to provide you the latest information as most websites don’t update their content once they post it.
- Salary offered by TCS – Rs.3,50,000
- Monthly approx Salary – Rs 26,000
- Salary after first promotion – Approx Rs4,15,000
|TCS Eligibility Criteria for Freshers||On Campus or Off Campus|
|Marks in 10th||more than 60%|
|Marks in 12th||more than 60%|
|Age||18 to 28 years|
|Degree||BE/ ME or B.Tech / M.Tech|
|GPA||more than 6 GPA|
|Maximum Experience||3 years|
Degree based Eligibility Criteria for TCS
The following are eligible –
TCS Eligibility Criteria for Freshers 2020
- BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech – Eletrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Electronics and Communication Enginering (ECE), Information Technology(IT), Computer Science Engineering(CSE), Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication, Electronics/Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering, Instrument Engineering, Network Engineering, and Electrical Engineering.
- Degree/ Diploma – MCA with BSc, BCA, BCom, or BA (with a background in Statistics or Maths)
- Science – M.Sc in Information Technology or Computer Science
BackLog based Eligibility Criteria for TCS
- Shouldn’t have passed with grace marks in any of the subject in class 10th or equivalent
- Shouldn’t have passed with grace marks in any of the subject in class 12th or equivalent
- Not more than 2 current arrears or backlogs
- Not more than 2 years of education Gap
Marks based Eligibility Criteria for TCS
- Marks in Class 10th or equivalent for TCS Eligibility – more than 60%
- Marks in Class 12th or equivalent for TCS Eligibility – more than 60%
- Marks or CGPA in Class 10th or equivalent for TCS Eligibility – more than 60% or 6 CGPA on scale of 10
Work Experience based Criteria for TCS
The candidate must not have more than 3 years or relevant experience, only then he would be eligible for any kind of recruitment drive for TCS.
TCS Eligibility Criteria for Experienced Candidates
- Minimum 15 years of regular education (10th + 12th + 3 years Graduation)
- Graduates through Open Universities / Correspondence graduates need not apply
- Not more than 2 years of gap in Graduation or Employment.
- Candidates who have attended the selection process in the last 6 months will not be eligible to apply again
TCS Eligibility Criteria for TNSLPP Drive
Eligible Branches: TNSLPP TCS drive for the present final year students
B.E. / B.Tech. (CSE, ECE, EEE, EIE, ICE, IT, Mechanical)
MCA: with BSc/BCA/BCom/BA (with Math/Statistics Background)
MSc: CS, IT, SW
Eligibility criteria: Marks and Backlogs
- Minimum 75.00% from 10th onwards
- CGPA 7.50 and above (no rounding off) from the first Semester to last Semester
- No Standing Arrears
- Any break in education should not exceed 24 months
- Age limitation: 18 (min)-28 (max)
TCS Cut of for Written Test Eligibility
TCS Eligibility based FAQ’s
Ques. Will I be eligible for TCS drive if I have less than 6GPA in college?
No, TCS is very particular about the selection of employee.
Let me give an example one of my friend was have having 5.96 CGPA during our campus placement even though CTS accepted the CGPA but whereas TCS rejected the application of my friend.
TCS is very punctual in this type of matters.
Below is official TCS criteria, though its boring to read. You can read it below if you’re interested.
How to Apply for TCS Off Campus –
TCS Off Campus 2018 – Direct Applying
The process below is for Direct applying if applying via TNSLPP refer in the section after this.
The Application process is divided into two formats –
Application and Registration
- GoTo – https://nextstep.tcs.com/ and Click on Register Now (Do this later – Read whole process first)
- Click on IT
- Fill the form and remember Password and Reference ID
- Login to https://nextstep.tcs.com using your Reference ID and Password
- Go to “Application Form” on the page
- Fill this Application form completely and successful completion pop up will come, some students will wrong information and TCS doesn’t allow them to join even if they clear all round so make sure you will this correctly
Checking if Applied Successfully
- To do this click on “Track my Application” if the status says received successfully then you’ve registered.
If you area Registered Already then
- You will have a number like CT XXXX or DT XXXX so you need not register again make sure you have filled the whole form properly
- Edit Application form option is there on the page as well you can use that incase you want to edit information entered.
- CT candidates must select the test center from Select nearest test location option on the page.
- DT candidates will have same test location as they had entered in the form. If you want to change this change this by editing application form for TCS Off Campus 2018.
Official Criteria (provided by TCS)
- Candidates with full time qualification are only eligible (No Part Time/ Correspondence qualification candidates are eligible).
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology – B.E./B.Tech.
- Master of Engineering/Master of Technology – M.E./M.Tech.
- It will also help the BBA, B Com, B.SC graduates to get placed in various companies.
Students passing out from all years can apply. However, to get jobs we only suggest that students belonging from –
- 2019 passouts
- 2020 passouts
- 2021 passouts
These years are highly likely to get job and effectively get most of out of the TCS Exam.
- Candidates who have participated in the TCS selection process in the last 3 months will not be eligible.
- You should be minimum 18 years of age to be eligible to apply for the TCSL Selection process. Candidates who have applied to TCSL and have not been successful in clearing the TCSL selection process are not eligible to re-apply to TCSL within six months from the date on which they had attended such selection test and/or interview. You are not eligible to appear for the TCSL selection process within six months of the previous unsuccessful attempt