Introduction to CPP (C++)
Introduction to C++
Introduction to CPP has been discussed on this page along with it’s history, OOPs concept etc.
- C++ was launched in 1979.
- Created by Bjarne Stroustrup, at Bell Laboratories.
C was a procedural language i.e, it didn’t have the concept of classes and objects.C++ was made to cover this and additional functionalities of Object Oriented Programming were added.
Overview of Introduction to CPP
“C++ is an Object Oriented Programming language which can be found in operating systems, Graphical Interfaces, Games, IoTs and most of the mordern technologies. It is well known for being a general purpose language that can be used everywhere.”
- C++ is an expanded version of C
- Bjarne Stroustrup Developed C++ in 1979, at AT&T Labs in USA
- Any C program is basically C++ program also since C++ is a superset of C and any compiler that supports C++ will also support C
- C++ features –
- Object Oriented
- Case Sensitive
As we discussed above C++ is an Object Oriented Programming language, there are some features of Object Oriented Programming that are the main aspects which make C++ better than C and make it a general purpose language.
Some of these features are mentioned below which will be discussed in detail in further part of the course –
- Classes and Objects: Class is a user defined data type that represents collection of various data types and functions. Whereas object is the instance of a class. To know more:
- Inheritance: Inheritance is a process in which one object acquires all the properties and behaviour of it’s parent object automatically . To know more: Inheritance in C++
- Encapsulation: It is wrapping data and functions inside as a single form and keep them safe from outside world and achieve data hiding from and make the code more secure from unauthorized access. To know more: Encapsulation in C++
- Abstraction: The functionality of hiding the actual details or implementation details for a procedure and just displaying limited essential information or tools, or in other words providing only essential information to the outside world and hiding all the background details and implementation of the procedure is known as Data Abstraction. To know more: Data Abstraction in C++
- Overloading: Function overloading is the process in which we use the same name for two or more functions defined in the class. To know more: Function Overloading in C++
- Polymorphism:Polymorphism in C++ basically means having multiple existent forms in the program, A simple code may behave differently in different situations. To know more: Polymorphism in C++
The following four are considered to be building the block of an object-oriented language like C++ – Encapsulation, Data hiding, Inheritance, Polymorphism.
Further in this course we talk about the history of C++, difference between C++ and its superset C.
“a light-weight abstraction programming language [designed] for building and using efficient and elegant abstractions“; and “offering both hardware access and abstraction is the basis of C++. – “Bjarne Stroustrup”
Read more about OOPS here : https://prepinsta.com/c-plus-plus-theory/oops-concept/
Why Bjarne Stroustrup built C++ hear it from himself !
Get over 200+ course One Subscription
Courses like AI/ML, Cloud Computing, Ethical Hacking, C, C++, Java, Python, DSA (All Languages), Competitive Coding (All Languages), TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Amazon, DBMS, SQL and others
Login/Signup to comment
One comment on “Introduction to CPP (C++)”