Introduction to CPP (C++)
Introduction to C++
Introduction to CPP has been discussed on this page along with it’s history, OOPs concept etc.
- C++ was launched in 1979.
- Created by Bjarne Stroustrup, at Bell Laboratories.
- C was a procedural language i.e, it didn’t have the concept of classes and objects.C++ was made to cover this and additional functionalities of Object Oriented Programming were added.
Overview of Introduction to CPP
“C++ is an Object Oriented Programming language which can be found in operating systems, Graphical Interfaces, Games, IoTs and most of the mordern technologies. It is well known for being a general purpose language that can be used everywhere.”
- C++ is an expanded version of C
- Bjarne Stroustrup Developed C++ in 1979, at AT&T Labs in USA
- Any C program is basically C++ program also since C++ is a superset of C and any compiler that supports C++ will also support C
- C++ features –
- Object Oriented
- Case Sensitive
As we discussed above C++ is an Object Oriented Programming language, there are some features of Object Oriented Programming that are the main aspects which make C++ better than C and make it a general purpose language. Some of these features are mentioned below which will be discussed in detail in further part of the course –
- Data Hiding
The following four are considered to be building the block of an object-oriented language like C++ – Encapsulation, Data hiding, Inheritance, Polymorphism.
Further in this course we talk about the history of C++, difference between C++ and its superset C.
“a light-weight abstraction programming language [designed] for building and using efficient and elegant abstractions“; and “offering both hardware access and abstraction is the basis of C++. – “Bjarne Stroustrup”
Read more about OOPS here : https://prepinsta.com/c-plus-plus-theory/oops-concept/