Cognizant Interview Questions for Freshers
Cognizant Interview Questions for Freshers 2022
Find Cognizant Interview Questions for Freshers asked in 2022.
Cognizant Interview Process
Cognizant mainly conducts one interview round during which they ask both HR and Technical questions.
Cognizant Technical Interview Questions for Non-IT Candidates
Question 1:- What is Normalization? Also, mention its advantages.
Normalization is defined as the process of systematizing data into the database.
Normalization advantages are:
- No identical entries
- Preserves the repository space
- Boosts the query interpretation
Question 2:- What is the difference between C and C++?
The C programming is a procedural programming language.
The C++ is an Object-Oriented programming.
C programming supports build-in and primitive but not user-defined data types.
C++ supports build-in as well as user-defined data types.
C programming doesn’t support references
C++ supports references
Mapping between a function and variable is complex
Mapping between a function and variable can be accomplished using “Objects”
Inheritance is impossible in C programming language.
Inheritance is possible in C++ programming language
Input function: scanf()Output function: printf()
Input function: Cin>>Out function: Cout<<
Question 3:- Define Polymorphism in C++.
The ability to display more than one form is recognized as polymorphism.
Question 5:- In the C programming language, how many data types are there?
C supports two types of data types, each of which is further subdivided.
- Primary Datatypes: These are the most basic data types, such as int, float, char, double, and void.
- Derived Datatypes: These are data types that are derived from primary datatypes such as union, structure, and array.
Question 6:- What is Python? What are the advantages of using Python?
Python: Python is a programming language that may be used to create websites and software applications as well as data analysis, machine learning, and design. Python is a high-level object-oriented language with live data types and classes.
Advantages of Python:
- Python is a free and open-source programming language.
- It contributes to an increase in productivity.
- It’s a language that’s been translated.
- Python’s key advantage is that it is simple and straightforward to comprehend and learn.
Question 7:- What role does PEP 8 have in Python?
The Python Enhancement Proposal (PEP 8) stands for Python Enhancement Proposal. Its primary goal, as the name implies, is to enhance the readability and complexity of Python code.
Question 8:- What are JRE and JDK?
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is an abbreviation for Java Runtime Environment. JVM (Java Virtual Machine), class libraries, and other components are included in this software package.
Java Development Kit (JDK) is an abbreviation for Java Development Kit. This is a Java development platform that is used to create Java apps. JRE, Compilers, Debuggers, Java DOC, and so forth are all included
Question 9:- What does "statically typed language" mean?
The language JAVA is statically typed. All variables must be declared before being utilized in a statically typed language.
Question 10:- In DSA, what do NULL and VOID mean?
NULL refers to data types that are empty and have no values.
The pointer identifier VOID has no initial values.
Cognizant HR Interview Questions
Question 1:- Tell me about yourself.
Good afternoon/morning. At XYZ College, I am _______, a final-year B.Tech mechanical engineering student. I am the current class representative and a Rotaract Club member at our college. Throughout my four years at college, I have actively engaged in different college events such as our annual college fest and intra-college sports meet, all while maintaining an 8.5 CGPA until my seventh semester. I recently began learning programming languages such as Python. I’m looking for this position in order to gain professional experience and establish a foundation for my future career.
Read more about Tell me about yourself.
Question 2:- How do you manage your stress?
Responding to the situation rather than reacting to the stress is more essential to me. This allows me to deal with an emergency scenario without being panicked. Instead of brooding, I create outcomes. For instance, in my former position, I concentrated on the problem when dealing with each client. I am able to engage effectively with consumers, which keeps me stress-free. This is something I’ve learned over time, and I now know how to avoid using stress relievers.
Read more about How do you manage your stress?
Question 3:- Are you ready to relocate?
Yes, I am happy to relocate because it will greatly benefit our family. There are also new concepts that humans can grasp. We will learn about their cultures and new customs because we will be in a completely different situation. We might make some new friends and teammates.
Read more about Are you ready to relocate?
Question 4:- What do you know about our company?
Cognizant is a multinational technology corporation established in the United States. It offers corporate consultancy, information technology, and outsourcing services. to learn more about the business.
Read more about What do you know about our company?
Question 5:- Are you an organized person?
I consider myself to be well-organized. I prefer to organize my work according to priorities and deadlines. This is something I do every time so that I can obtain a more productive result. This allows me to produce the highest quality work in the time I have available.
Read more about Are you an Organized person?
Cognizant Technical Interview Questions for CS/IT Candidates
Question 1:- How are linked lists better than arrays in terms of efficiency?
Deletion and insertion:
- In an array, the insertion and deletion processes are costly since space must be made for new elements and current elements must be relocated.
- In a linked list, however, the identical procedure is simplified because we merely update the address in the node’s next pointer.
Data Structure that Changes:
- Because a linked list is a dynamic data structure, it does not require an initial size because it can grow and shrink at runtime by allocating and deallocating memory.
- The size of an array is limited because the number of items is kept statically in the main memory.
There will be no memory waste:
- Because a linked list’s size can increase or decrease depending on the program’s demands, no memory is wasted because it is allocated at runtime.
- When declaring an array of size 10 and only storing three elements in it, the space for three elements is wasted. As a result, arrays have a higher risk of memory waste.
Question 2:- Determine the various RAID levels.
- Striping without redundancy (RAID 0)
- Mirrored Disks (RAID 1)
- Memory-style error-correcting codes (RAID 2)
- Bit-interleaved Parity (RAID 3)
- Block-interleaved Parity (RAID 4)
- Block-interleaved distributed parity (RAID 5)
- P+Q Redundancy in RAID 6
Question 3:-What is Kernel?
Every operating system has a kernel at its foundation. It connects data processing applications to data processing applications. It also ensures usability and reliability by managing all communications between software and hardware components.
Question 4:- Differentiate between Arrays and Stacks.
The number of items in an array is fixed and is assigned by the declaration of the array.
A stack is a dynamic object whose size changes as items are added and removed.
Arrays contain data of the same type.
Stacks can hold a variety of data kinds
The array can be a stack’s home, meaning it can be declared large enough to hold the stack’s maximum size.
A stack is declared as a structure with an array to hold the stack’s elements and a number to indicate the array’s current stack top.
Question 5:- Write a code replacing all 0’s with 1 in a given integer
Question 6:- What does SQL stand for?
SQL stands for Structured Query Language, and its major purpose is to interact with relational databases by entering, updating, and altering data in the database.
Question 7:- What are the various database languages?
Database languages are divided into four categories:
- These commands are used to update data in the Data Definition Language (DDL). DDL commands include CREATE, ALTER, DROP, TRUNCATE, and RENAME.
- DML (Data Manipulation Language): These commands are used to manipulate data that has previously been modified. DML commands include SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE.
- DCL (Data Control Language) instructions are used to provide and remove database access to users. DCL commands such as GRANT and REVOKE are examples.
- The Transaction Control Language (TCL) is a set of commands for managing database transactions. TCL is used to keep track of DML’s modifications. TCL commands include COMMIT, ROLLBACK, and SAVEPOINT, to name a few.
Question 8:- What is Relational Calculus, and how does it work?
Relational Calculus is a non-procedural query language that replaces algebra with mathematical predicate calculus. Relational calculus does not use core math concepts like algebra, differential calculus, or integration. It’s also known as predicate calculus because of this.
Relational calculus is divided into two types:
- Calculus of many relations
- and Calculus of domain relations
Question 10:- What Are Real-Time Systems and How Do They Work?
When a processor’s operation must meet strict time constraints, real-time systems are used. It has clearly defined and scheduled deadlines.