I applied for Cognizant GenC elevate from PrepInsta social media handle and I was invited for the first round of the interview.
Round 1: Online Test
This round had 2 sections namely,
- Conceptual Analysis
- Coding test
No of questions: 15 questions
Time Allotted: 30mins
The questions were basically from programming construct, DSA, database/SQL, and web UI
No of questions: 4 questions
Time Allotted: 60mins
The questions were basically from basic coding, medium level coding, case study: 1(Difficult Competitive Coding), case study: 2 (Difficult DSA), Case Study: SQL
After clearing both the rounds, I was called for the second round which is the Interview round.
Round 2: Interview
This round was a face to face interview which took hardly 20mins to complete. Mainly the interviewer asked questions related to my resume.
Also, both the HR and technical round was combined into one round.
The questions were:-
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Explain your final year project also tell me about your roles and responsibilities.
3. What are the basic OOPs concepts?
I answered ” There are basically 4 concepts of OOPS and they are, Encapsulation, inheritance, Abstraction, Polymorphism.
4. Is Java 100% Object Oriented Programming language?
5. What are DLL and DML commands?
6. What are the 5 stages of a waterfall model?
I answered, “The five stages of waterfall models are, analysis, design, implementation, testing and operations.”
7. Are you ready to relocate?
8. Who is the founder of Cognizant?
9. Write a program to toggle each character in a string using C++.