Python Program to Find Smallest Subarray with Sum Greater than a Given Value
Smallest Sub-array with sum greater than a given value in Python
Here, on this page, we will discuss the program to find Smallest Sub-array with sum greater than a given value in Python programming language. We are given an unsorted array containing non-negative integers we need to find a continuous sub-array of minimum length whose sum is greater than the given sum
- Input : arr : [ 1, 4, 0, 0, 2, 6, 3 ] & sum = 6
- Output : Sub-array with sum greater than 6 will have a size of 2 Elements
- Explanation : For the given array. The sub-array from index 4 to 5 will give a sum of 8 (2+6), greater than the value 6, and the smallest subarray with a sum greater than the given sum.
- Initialize a variable ans with any value greater than length of array
- Iterate using a for loop from 0 to l with i
- Initialize a variable sum = 0
- Run a nested for loop from i to l with j
- For each iteration add arr[j] to sum, check if sum is greater than x, check if ans is greater than j-i put j-i to ans
- After coming out of the loop check if ans is greater than l print “Not possible” else return ans +1
def sub(arr, x, l): ans = l+1 for i in range(l): sum = 0 for j in range(i, l): sum += arr[j] if sum > x: if (j - i) < ans: ans = j - i if ans > l: return "NOT POSSIBLE" else: return ans + 1 arr = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] x = 5 l = len(arr) print("Sub-array with sum greater than", x, "will have a size of", sub(arr, x, l), "Elements for given array")
Sub-array with sum greater than 5 will have a size of 2 Elements for given array
For similar Questions click on the given button.