Python program for decimal to binary conversion
Decimal to binary conversion in Python
Here, in this page we will discuss the program for decimal to binary conversion in python. A decimal number is a standard representation of integers or non-integers, decimal numbers are also called as numbers with base 10. Whereas in binary number system numbers are with base 10 and shows representation by 0 and 1. In this program, we will convert decimal number to binary number by using in-built bin() function.
1) 9/2, Remainder = 1, Quotient = 4,
2) 4/2, Remainder = 0, Quotient = 2
3) 2/2, Remainder = 0, Quotient = 1,
4) 1/2, Remainder = 1, Quotient = 0
9 in decimal = 1001 in binary
- Step 1:- Start.
- Step 2:- Take decimal number.
- Step 3:- Convert decimal to binary using bin() function.
- Step 4:- Print binary number.
- Step 5:- End.
Python program to convert decimal number to binary number
#take decimal number dec_num = 124 #convert decimal number to binary bin_num = bin(dec_num) #print number print('Number after conversion is :' + str(bin_num))
Output: Number after conversion is :0b1111100