Non Prime Attributes in DBMS
What are Attributes?
Attributes are the descriptive properties that each entity in an Entity Set possesses. Each attribute has a distinct domain or set of values from which it can derive its values.
In this article, we will learn about Non Prime Attributes in DBMS.
Consider the following table:
- [ID] : Every individual will have a unique ID so it is a prime attribute.
- [NAME] : Two different persons might have same name, so it is non prime attribute
- [AGE] : Two different persons might have same age, so it is non prime attribute
- [CITY] : Two different persons might be living in the same city, so it is non prime attribute
- [PHONE_NO] : No two persons will have same phone number, so it is not a non prime attribute
Get over 200+ course One Subscription
Courses like AI/ML, Cloud Computing, Ethical Hacking, C, C++, Java, Python, DSA (All Languages), Competitive Coding (All Languages), TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Amazon, DBMS, SQL and others
Login/Signup to comment