Non Prime Attributes in DBMS
Non Prime Attributes
- Attributes of the relation which does not exist in any of the possible candidate keys of the relation, such attributes are called non prime attributes.
Non prime attributesalso called as Non Key attributes.
Example of Non prime Attributes
Consider the following table:
- [ID]: Every individual will have a unique ID so it is a prime attribute.
- [NAME]: Two different persons might have same name, so it is non prime attribute
- [AGE]: Two different persons might have same age, so it is non prime attribute
- [CITY]: Two different persons might be living in the same city, so it is non prime attribute
- [PHONE_NO]: No two persons will have same phone number, so it is not a non prime attribute