Name: Neha Shah
College: CTAE, Udaipur
Branch: Computer Science
Type of interview: ON-Campus Interview
We were informed by our TPO (Training Placement Officer) that the placement drive for final year will begin from next month, and this year along with other MNC’s TCS will also be coming for the campus selection. TCS is amongst the top MNC’s across the globe. The registration link for the drive was sent to us by our TPO. I immediately started preparing for the drive through previous years TCS Placement Papers available on PrepInsta.
60% in 10th and 12th.
60% in Graduation and Post-Graduation
No current backlogs
Number of Rounds
There were three major sections in the test
Our topic of discussion was ‘How the work culture at MNC’s should be?’ There were two interviewers in the seminar hall. After this round we had to wait for another an hour for the results. Luckily, I was shortlisted for the next round.
As I entered the seminar hall, the interviewer was seated there. He asked for my CV and gave it a close look. After that the interview began. He asked
- Tell me something about data encapsulation.
- Can you explain this with any example?
- You are OCJP certified, so you must be having a good knowledge about JAVA.
- Are there any differences between C++ and JAVA?
- Can you name a few?
- What is the name of the compiler used in JAVA?
At the end he said “ Good luck! You may wait outside along with the other students till we declare the list of the selected students”. I also said thank you and left.
The HR round took place in the principal’s cabin. As I entered in, he asked me for my resume. He gave it a thorough reading and then began with his set of questions:
- Introduce yourself.
- Have you shortlisted for any other company as well?
- Explain in brief about your final year project, and what was your part in it?
- Draw the ER Diagram of your project.
- Are you willing to relocate?
- What are your future plans?
- Where do you see yourself in next five years?
The results were sent to us on our mails. I was shortlisted for the TCS Induction Program. Location was mailed to me after a month. Currently, I am working as a JAVA Developer at TCS Bangalore.
For more Interview experiences,you can visit the following links :
Tata Communications Interview Experience 1
Tata Communications Interview Experience 2
Tata Communications Interview Experience 3
Tata Communications Interview Experience 4
Tata Communications Interview Experience 5
Tata Communications Interview Experience 7
Tata Communications Interview Experience 8