Find the Nth row in Pascal’s Triangle in Python
Nth row of Pascal’s Triangle in Python
Here, on this page, we will discuss the program to find the Nth row of Pascal’s Triangle in Python Programming language. We are given a non-negative integer and we need to print the Nth row. We are assuming a zero-based starting of the rows
Method 1 (Using recursion):
- Create a recursive function say getRow(int index).
- Declare a vector say cur_row
- Now, as the 1-st element of every row is 1 so, push 1 in cur_row vector.
- Check if index == 0, then return cur_row.
- Create a vector to hold the previous row, say prev and set prev = getRow(index-1)
- Run a loop from [1, prev.size())
- Take variable say curr = prev[i-1] + prev[i]
- and push it to cur_row
- As the last element of every row is 1 so again push 1 to cur_row vector.
- And return cur_row
def getRow(rowIndex): cur_row =  cur_row.append(1) if rowIndex == 0: return cur_row prev = getRow(rowIndex - 1) for i in range(1, len(prev)): curr = prev[i - 1] + prev[i] cur_row.append(curr) cur_row.append(1) return cur_row n = 2 arr = getRow(n) for i in range(len(arr)): if i == (len(arr) - 1): print(arr[i]) else: print(arr[i], end=" ")
1 2 1
Method 2 :
In this method, we will discuss the efficient way to find the Nth row of the triangle.
- Nth row = nC 0 nC1 nC2 … nCn
- So, by using the above concept to find the nth row.
- nCr = (nCr-1 * (n – r + 1))/r
- Take a variable say prev=1 (as, nC0=1)and print prev.
- Now, Run a loop from [1, N], take a variable say curr, and set curr = (prev * (N – i + 1)) / i;
- And, Print Curr.
1 2 1
For similar Questions click on the given button