Name: Renuka Reddy
College: A.B.R. College of Engineering and Technology
Branch: Computer Science
Type of interview: Off-Campus Interview
I applied for the Wipro off campus drive through a Referral code. One of my seniors from college is working at Wipro Bangalore. I forwarded my resume to him, and he sent me a referral code through which I applied for my AMCAT written paper. He told me there are great opportunities for women candidates at Wipro as the company’s motto is to generate women empowerment in the country. So, I started preparing for the written test and PrepInsta was a great help for the same.
AMCAT Written Paper
The paper was divided into two rounds. In the first round, there were three sections, Quantitative Analysis, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation, and Verbal.
- Quantitative Analysis section had 16 questions with time limit of 16 minutes. Most of the questions were related to Logarithms, L.C.M.&H.C.F., and Divisibility.
- Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation section had 18 questions and the time allotted was 18 minutes. It had questions related to Blood Relation, Directional Sense, Objective Reasoning, Selection Decision Tables, and Data Sufficiency.
- The verbal section had 22 questions and the time limit of 22 minutes. There were three Reading Comprehensions, passages. Also, there were questions related to synonyms and antonyms, subject-verb agreement, preposition, and conjunction, and sentence improvement and construction.
In the second round, there was a choice for the test center, either you can give it at home or the test centre. I chose to give at home. Here, the only condition was that the screen was recorded during the paper to avoid any cheating. This round was the Wipro coding round had two rounds. In the first round, there was a choice between the coding questions and the MCQ programming questions. And the second round was the Written English Test.
- Wipro Coding Round – I chose the coding question. In this round I had to write two programs in 45 minutes times. The first program was on pattern making and the second was on G.C.D. The pattern making was successfully executed and the second question was partially executed.
- Written English Test had one essay writing question. This section was of 20 minutes. I had to write an article on Global Warming.
The result for the AMCAT paper was declared after 14 days. The scores were sent to our registered email ids. I scored an aggregate of 75%. Soon I received a mail from Wipro India Ltd. That I was shortlisted and had to report at the Bangalore campus for further rounds.
On the day of the interview we were informed that first there will be a Technical interview and then the HR interview.
Since I was from a CSE background, so the interviewer asked me questions related to C, C++. I said JAVA is my favorite subject, so the interviewer asked me questions such , what is the difference between JDK, JRE, and JVM? What is a JIT complier.
Fortunately, I was able to answer most of the questions ans so I qualified for the HR round.
As I entered the cabin, the HR was seated there. He asked me for my resume. He gave it a thorough reading and then the interview began:
- Introduce yourself.
- Explain in brief about your final year project, and what was your role in it?
- Draw the ER Diagram of your project.
- Are you willing to relocate?
- What are your future plans?
- Where do you see yourself in next five years?
After two weeks I received an email informing that I been selected for the role of a JAVA Developer at Wipro Pvt.Ltd. I received the joining letter after a month, with the designation and date of joining. That was the happiest day of my life.