Name: Manyata Shrimali
College: Amity University, Jaipur
Type of interview: On-campus Interview
Virtusa conducted a placement drive in our college last year. Before the interview process began, all the final year students were asked to assemble in the lecture hall, and the HR Manager of Virtusa gave us a brief demonstration about the company and what does it do. As a fresher Virtusa is amongst the best place to work and begin the career.
The eligibility standards for the interview were 60% in 10th and 12th standard. BE/B.TECH students with 65% marks and students from science field were eligible.
Number of Rounds
- Written Test
- Group Discussion
- Technical round
- HR Interview
The written test was online and was divided into five sub-sections.
- Quants: This section includes questions on time and work, divisibility, logarithms, probability, algebra, geometry, ratio & proportion, averages, etc.
- Verbal Ability: This section includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, error identification, tenses & articles, subject-verb agreement, jumbled sentences, prepositions, and conjunctions, speech & voices.
- Logical Reasoning: This section contains topics of coding, number series, seating arrangement, the odd man out, blood relation, logical word sequence, inferred meaning, and data sufficiency.
- Computer Programming: This section covers topics such as data types, iteration, decision, procedure, arrays, Linked Lists, Trees, functions, stacks & queues, searching & sorting.
- Automata Coding: This section contains a series of questions related to computer programming.
The difficulty level for all the sections was medium and low. Furthermore, there was no negative marking for these questions.
Group Discussion Round
Those who qualified the first round were selected for the GD round. In this round, the candidates were required to articulate their point of view, structure their thoughts and present them logically before the other candidates and the interviewer. Good communication power and convincing skills were further tested in this round. All the candidates were given a topic to speak upon. The topic given to us was related to women empowerment.
After the GD round, those who were selected were sent for the technical interview round. The interviewer asked me a few questions to check my basics on series circuits, parallel networks, energy, and power. Further, he asked me questions about Kirchhoff’s current law and Voltage law. Then he asked me to explain capacitance, capacitors, and electromagnetism. The interview lasted for about 45-50 minutes. Later, the results of the technical round were announced on the notice board, and I was selected for the final round.
Since it was my first job, I was super excited about the interview. HR called me inside and asked me to sit. He asked me to tell something about me that was not in the resume. Later he asked me why I want to join Virtusa and my expectations from the company. Like the other two rounds, the third round also went well, and the HR told me that I would get to know the results in a day or two.