Name: Vishnu Prakash
College: Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Type of interview: On-campus Interview
An American information technology services company, Virtusa Polaris, visited our campus last year for their on-campus recruitment. As a fresher Virtusa is amongst the best company to work and begin the career with. Therefore, there weren’t many questions in my head, and I registered my name for the interview.
I asked my professor for some guidelines for cracking the interview, and he suggested me the Prepinsta material for the written round. The further told me about the test criteria and interview rounds. The criteria for the interview was:
- Maximum 65% in BE/B.TECH
- 60% marks in both 10th and 12th
- BE/B.TECH students
- Students from the computer science field
Number of Rounds
- Written Test
- Group Discussion
- Technical and HR Interview
On the basis of the criteria, those students who were eligible appeared for the written round. In this round, there were questions based on five different topics. Those were:
- Quants: This section includes questions on time and work, HCF & LCM, profit & loss, time & speed, geometry, averages, etc.
- Verbal Ability: This section includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, contextual vocabulary, comprehension, jumbled sentences, prepositions, and conjunctions.
- Logical Reasoning: This section contains topics of coding, seating arrangement, blood relation, directional sense, and data sufficiency.
- Computer Programming: This section covers topics such as data types, iteration, decision, procedure, functions, trees, and graphs.
- Automata Coding: This section contains a series of questions related to computer programming.
The difficulty level for all the sections was medium. Furthermore, these questions carried no negative marking.
Group Discussion Round
Those students who cleared the written round were selected for the GD round. In this round, all the selected candidates were divided into groups and given a topic. The topics were about the problems of teenagers. The students were expected to give their own opinions and were judged on the basis of their communication skills, leadership quality, convincing power, and teamwork. On the basis of my communication skills, I was selected for the third and final round.
Technical and HR Interview Round
This round was the last of the interview process. The candidates who managed to pass the GD round were eligible for the Technical and HR interview round. The interviewer asked technical questions related to the candidate’s subject. Few of the questions asked to me were:
- Difference between Verilog task and Verilog function?
- What do you mean by direct mapped?
- What is Electric Traction?
- What are the operations that are carried out in Thermal Power Stations?
- How is a tube light circuit connected?
After the technical questions, HR asked me about my personal interest and my goals. He then asked me about my strengths and weakness and how my strengths will benefit the company in the future. Like the other two rounds, the third round also went good, and the HR informed me that I would get to know the results in a day or two. Eventually, in 2 days, I received the offer letter, along with the joining letter.