- Name: Sweta Tiwari
- Branch: ECE
- College: M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Type of Interview: On-Campus
Due to Covid-19, our placements got hampered on a large scale, and I was sitting for most of the off-campus drives. MindTree was one among those and I got to know about all these drives from PrepInsta Placement Cell. I appeared for the online test of MindTree around March’ 21.
This online test happens in 2 rounds. They are:
- Round 1 - Online Test ( 120 minutes including Coding Section)
- Round 2 - English Language Test ( 45 minutes in approx)
- Round 3 - Technical Interview
- Round 4 - HR Interview
Let's discuss all the rounds in brief:
Round 1 (Platform : WeCP, 120 minutes approx)
Coming to the aptitude part, there were 4 sections from aptitude like quants, verbal and logical and coding.
- For the Quants and Logical part,
- there were 15 questions in all which needed to be solved in 15 minutes for each section. (the time mentioned is just average)
- For the verbal section,
- there were 10 questions that needed to be solved in around 10 minutes.
- Now coming to the coding section, there will be either 6 questions or 8 questions that one needs to solve in 80 minutes in approx. The questions can be categorized like:
- Implementation part - 2 or 3 question
- DS / Algorithm - 2 or 3 question
- Advanced Algorithm - 2 questions
I remember a few of those questions, those are:
- Write a program to find the average of the first M multiples of an integer “num”.
- You're provided a number array containing an item's IDs. Write a programme that counts the number of times the provided ID appears in the array and returns the result.
- There was a question based on coordinates and graph theory. I was not able to pass all the test cases, but did 60% of it.
One needs to solve at least 4-5 questions. It's good if you can pass all the test cases, if not, try to do it partially. And you can make it for this round.
Round 2 - English Language Test (Platform - WeCP, Time - 45 minutes)
There were basically 4 sections for this round. They are:
- Speaking - 18 questions in total.
- Topic Speaking - There will be 3 topics and the candidate needs to speak on those topics for 1 minute.
- There were 34 questions from the basic vocabulary part.
- Audio Comprehension - A comprehension was given, and we were asked to listen to that, and answer a few questions.
After 4-5 days I received a mail for the technical interview round.
Round 3 - Technical Interview -
The interviewer introduced himself at first. It was held via Zoom call. This round lasted for around 45 minutes. I had prepared for my technical interview previously and had all my certificates done from good platforms. SO they were happy to see that. Then they headed towards some questions that I am giving below:
- Briefly explain your projects.
- Asked a few questions on Android Development. [ As I did an internship, and was mentioned on the CV]
- Difference between abstract and interface.
- Real world example of polymorphism.
- Explain in brief about sorting techniques.
- The logic behind printing the prime numbers upto N.
- What is the difference between 2NF and 3NF?
After this he said, I am almost done with you. You will receive a call from HR very soon.
After a day of Technical Interview, I got a call from the HR of MindTree to get ready for the HR Round.
Round 4 - HR Interview
When I received the mail for the HR Interview, the time mentioned was in the morning 11, but in the morning around 9 I got a mail that it was rescheduled to 12 noon. I joined at 12 and greeted the HR with a smile. he was cordial and somewhat around 45-50 years old. He started with my introduction and seemed to be in a happy mood. SO my interview started ff quite well. He was very interested to know about me and showered questions after that. some of them are:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Is this your 1st interview? [ I said No, beforehand I sat for Infosys and got placed]
- Then why do you want to join MindTree?
- How many members are there in your family?
- What about the Covid situation around your place?
- What is your opinion about this virtual mode of education, office and so on?
- In which domain do you want to work if you are placed here?
- Are you concerned about our bond?
- Do you have any questions for me?
After this long process of online test and interview rounds, I received a mail after a month or so, that I got selected in MindTree for the role of Software Engineer. And the offer letter was attached with that mail itself!
Status - Selected
MindTree Interview Experience Dashboard