- Name: Moorthy Balakrishnan
- Branch: IT
- College: Vellore Institute of Technology
- Type of Interview: On-Campus
Cracking the Infosys interview to get a job was not an easy task for me. One thing which stood vital for all of the student who participated along with me was that the candidate should not have a gap of more than two years in education. Also, the candidate should have attained minimum 60 percent in X and XII and 65 percent in B.Tech with no standing arrears.
The complete interview was divided into two steps:
- Written Test
- HR Interview
- Written Test
When I began with the written test, it comprised of Quantitative, Verbal ability, and Logical Reasoning. The candidates who secured maximum marks in the written test were able to qualify for the technical round. Each section of the written round was allotted with a specific time limit to the answer the questions.
- Quantitative Aptitude comprised of 15 questions to be solved in time frame of 25 minutes.
- Logical Reasoning comprised of 10 questions to be solved in the time frame of 35 minutes.
- Verbal English comprised of 40 questions to be solved in the time frame of 35 minutes.
I can say that the overall, the paper was tricky yet straightforward. All the questions were practical and required excellent grammar and vocabulary to clear this round. Although the written test went well, it could have been better with some more concentration towards the question paper.
There was no negative marking for the online test, but there is a sectional cut-off. The overall level of Infosys written test was fairly moderate. Only those who have cleared the online screening test sat for the next round. I made through this level and, the time came when I had to appear for the next round, i.e., HR Interview.
In the second round, I was expecting a lot of technical questions but the interviewer had more of HR questions.
With the outlook to impress the interviewer, I appeared for the round with a decent dress code. The interview round started with a few basic technical questions such as different between C and C++ and what is a null pointer? Later, the interview put general questions such as:
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Tell me your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why should Infosys hire you?
- Can you give some details on the project you have done?
- Why did you select IT?
The HR round was more about testing behaviour and communication skills. Answering most of the question with the desired confidence level, I got selected in the final round of Infosys interview. I already went through and prepared for such questions at PrepInsta. It gave me the required idea before the arrival of the interview date. Apart from that, good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills proved as an added advantage for me.
- Infosys Interview Experience – 1 (On Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 2 (On Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 3 (On Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 4 (Off Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 5 (Off Campus)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 6 (Referral Drive)
- Infosys Interview Experience – 7 (Referral Drive)