Set 2 On Campus IIT Chennai
- Name: Krishna Subramanyam
- College: Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Branch: Computer Science
- Type of interview: ON-Campus Interview (6-12 lakhs)
We were informed by our TPO (Training Placement Officer) that the placement drive would begin from next month, and all the leading companies will visit our campus for the recruitment drive. This year IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) will also be visiting the campus. So, I started preparing for the drive through various competitive books and began to solve the online practice papers on PrepInsta.
On the day of the placement drive, 1500 students enrolled for the written paper. There were two sections in the paper,
- Quantitative Ability
- Work Style Personality Test
There were 18 questions in the Quantitative Ability section. There was a predefined time limit of 2 min 15 seconds for every question after which the answers were auto-submitted. There were questions related to Profit & Loss, Probability, Percentages, Speed Time & Distance, and Ratios &Proportions. The PrepInsta practice papers were a great help while preparing for the quants section.
In the Work Style Personality Test section, there were 100 MCQ type questions. It was a psychological test with no right or wrong answers. Instead, the questions were to be answered the with options, Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, and Strongly Disagree.
After the paper was over the results were declared on the college portal. Out of 1500students who appeared for the online test, only 250 students were shortlisted for the next rounds.
Face to Face Interview
The interview was held in the college auditorium. There was only one round which comprised of both technical and HR interview. When I entered the hall, two interviewers were sitting there. At first, I hesitated, but soon I became comfortable, and the interview went smoothly. The interviewers asked me the following questions:
- Is a stable merge of two arrays in place faster than O(n^2)?
- How can you find the 3rd element from the end in a linked list in one pass?
- Write the code for printing Fibonacci Series in JAVA.
- How can you implement Stack in JAVA?
- Many difficult Questions on DSA
- Flatten a Binary tree to equivalent Linked list.
- Explain the Pigeonhole principle.
- Draw the ER diagram for your project.
- What was your approach to the project?
- Are you fine while working on group projects?
- Any plans for doing post-graduation like M.B.A. or Mtech?
- Write code to remove duplicity from the array in JAVA.
- Why should we hire you?
- Are you okay with relocation?
- Solve this query: SELECT UserId, AVG (Total) AS AvgOrderTotal
Having COUNT (OrderId) >=2
- What are Constraints in SQL?
- Any other certifications you have done?
The interview went for an hour. There was a very intense look on the faces of the interviewers. I was frightened. However, much to my relief, the results of the Face to Face round were declared soon. Out of 250 students, only 7 students cleared the interview, and I was amongst them. That was the best day of my life. The offer letter was given to us on the same day, and the joining letter was received after two months.