TCS Ninja Hiring for freshers 2018
TCS Ninja Hiring 2018 – 2019
The TCS Ninja registration process will start in the first week of September, for students whose campuses TCS Ninja is not visiting for Test. We at PrepInsta are trying hard so we can conduct a separate test for you at our campus.
On this page you will find all the details on the TCS Ninja Registration and TCS Ninja hiring and the full procedure on application form filling.
TCS Ninja Hiring 2019
We will explain step by step procedure on application for TCS Ninja Registration hiring –
- Step 1 – Go to careers.tcs.com
- It will redirect you to g91.tcsion.com
- On that page you will find National Qualifier test written(check image below) click on it
- On the next page you will find register now button, click on register, you can read other information about the test on this page.
- Next you will find nextstep.tcs.com page click on IT.
- Fill the whole form
- After filling the form, ask your college’s placement cell for access code, which will activate your application successfully, enter the activation code after logging in again using your candidate ID and Password.
Hiring for TCS Ninja Process
First of all we would like to tell everyone, as most students are confused about this.
Ques. I attended TCS Digital drive and they had mentioned you can’t attend any other TCS Drive within the next 6 months, is it true?
Ans. We spoke with TCS HR’s and they confirmed, only if you’re selected in TCS Digital and have cleared the interview as well. Only in that case you can’t attend any future drives for the next 6 months, else if you were not selected in TCS Digital then you can apply and give the written test for the same.
TCS Ninja will have the following sections –
- Verbal English
- C MCQ Test
- Coding Test in C,C++,Java,Python,Perl
Students who are in the top 10%ile of this TCS Ninja Drive, will also receive the instructions to apply again for TCS Digital Position and can attend both TCS Digital and TCS Ninja Interview Directly.
Detailed TCS Ninja Process 2018 – 2019
The pattern for TCS has changed and they are no longer using email writing test and have dedicated Verbal English. The topics in this are Fill in the blanks, Articles, Fill ups, Sentence correct and completion etc. 10 questions in 10 mins of time.
There will be 20 questions in the test and out which 15 questions will have a 1 mark and 0.33 negative marking and 5 questions will have 2 marks and 0.66 negative marking, these questions are called star marked questions.
You will also be given an online calculator on the screen to increase your speed for the exam.
Topics are –
- Profit and loss
- Ratio and proportions
- Time, speed, distance
- Time and Work
- Number System and HCF & LCM
- Blood Relations
C MCQ Section/Programming Logic
Some websites are copying our materials and earlier we had made a typo on this page saying there are 20 questions in 20 mins and they are showing that false information.
This year topics of Data Structures and Object Oriented Programming has been added.
Now, we have corrected this page, there are 10 questions in this section and time given is 20 mins.
The questions asked in this section are basic questions and C input output questions in 2017 about 80% of the questions in the exam for this section were repeated from our Paid materials and free materials. You can check our C MCQ Section Dashboard for more information on this.
Earlier command line programming used to be there but this year, it has been removed. But, it still remains important to study command line theory as about 1-2 questions in Programming Logic MCQ Section will be from command Line Programming theory.
In the new pattern you can use any language of your choice and one question will be there and the time given is 20 mins.
Command Line coding is very different from C and C++ and other languages. You can only learn command line programming on PrepInsta. Nowhere else, any information is given for the same.
There will be one question and time given will be 20 mins.
TCS Ninja Detailed Hiring Process 2018
|TCS Ninja Hiring 2018||No. of Problems||Time Given||No. of Star Problems|
|C MCQ Test||10||20 Minutes||0|
|Coding Round||1||20 Minutes||0|
Where to study from?
Prepare from our TCS Ninja Preparation Dashboard here.
TCS Ninja Interview
There will be 3 interview rounds which will be –
- Time – 10 – 15 mins
- Approx Questions asked – 10
- Time – 5 – 10 mins
- Approx Questions asked – 5
- Time – 10 mins
- Approx Questions asked 7
TCS Interviewer in all types of interview ie TR + MR + HR
Will grade you on a online portal the grades are –
- A – 10 points
- B – 9 points
- C – 7 points
- D – 6 points
- E – 4 points
- F – 0 points
Average of all the grades is taken. A student with B grade and above is generally selected.
The Technical interview will give you Grades each of the following –
- Command on Procedural Language i.e C
- Command on any Object Oriented Language
- Command on General Branch specific knowledge
- Verbal Communication
For CS/IT – C, C++ or Java, OS, DBMS/Software Engineering and Project and Basic coding questions
For Non CS/IT – C, C++ or Java questions from his own branch and basic coding questions.
Grades given are on following 4 parameters –
- Time Management skills
- Outgoing and Friendly
- Team Player and Collaborative
This is basically a stress interview where he will ask you about your marks in Class 10, 12 and Engineering and also ask you demonstration situation based scenerios like
- Tell us one instance where demonstrated a quality of team work
- Tell us one where you failed to submit a project or assignment on time and what did you do after it
- Why are your marks in class 12 really low?
- Why are your marks in C programming less how can you work in TCS where you have to code
Don’t worry if he is being a little rude to you, he is doing that on purpose. They are just testing your stress based answers, if you give honest and genuine answers then thats it. There are no right and wrong answers.
If your marks are low say like this – Yes, my marks are low and it was my mistake I should’ve studied well. But, after which I started practicing really well and you can see improvement. etc etc
Points are given on the following –
- Relocation willingness
- Culture Fit with TCS
- Knowledge about TCS
- Work ethics
- Dress Code
- Positive attitude
Questions asked are like –
- Tell me about yourself
- Strength and Weakness
- Why should I hire you?
- What are the things you expect from TCS?
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Your family background
It is a 3 member panel. They had interviewed me around 1 hour.
When I entered the room they offered me the chair. I said thank you and took my seat.
- Question 1: Introduce yourself.
- Question 2: explain your strengths with an instance that you have faced recently.
- Question 3: questions on OS- concepts.
- Question 4: questions on DBMS-joins, tables, queries on tables.
- Question 5: difference between C and Java.
- Question 6: They asked me to solve some SQL queries.
- Question 7: About projects.
- Question 8: Latest technologies- Artificial intelligence, Automation – examples.
- Question 9: They asked to write code for some basic sort and search algorithms in C.
- Question 10: They asked me to explain code execution in C.
- Question 11: what do you know about TCS.
- Question 12: Why we need to hire you?
- Question 13: Are you willing to work anywhere in India? – I said, Yes sir.
- Question 14: They asked, Any queries? – Then I asked, What the industry expects from a fresher?
They said, “Basic overview of all the concepts learned by the students in the engineering”.
- Name: Rahul Reddy
- College: B.M.S College of Engineering
- Branch: Computer Science and Engineering
- Type of Interview: On-Campus Interview
TCS Ninja conducted on campus drive for our college this year. Like every year, many students appeared for the drive. I was also excited to participate in the on-campus placement drive and decided to attend the placement. After registration, I started to prepare for the placement process. While browsing the internet for pervious year TCS Ninja questions, I came across PrepInsta website and some valuable information present in it for the placement drive.
Round 1: Online Test
The first round was an online test that was made up of four sections- aptitude, programming test, coding, and English Verbal. The written part was quite simple. I had prepared this section from some books and also from the PrepInsta documents which I downloaded from the website.
- Aptitude Test
The aptitude test mainly covered topics such as:
- permutations and combinations
- time and speed
- profit and loss, and
- Simple and compound interest.
I answered most of the questions and left the ones for which I was not sure about the answer.
- English Verbal
For me 10 mins were given and there was a big paragraph from which many words were missing, we had to choose the correct grammatical option and mark the correct answer, to do this 10 mins were given.
- Programming Section
The programming section was also simple for me to attempt as I was from a computer science background. Also, most of the programming questions were already familiar to me as I had come across them in the PrepInsta material.
- Coding Section
The coding section included one question. In this, I had to write the code for a simple question. I had been through some coding questions from the PrepInsta website and prepared for this.
After the written test was over, we were informed that the selected students would be called for an interview the next day. I was quite excited for the interview round as my written test went quite well. The next day, the names of the candidates selected were displayed on the college notice board. I found my name on the list and went for the personal interview round.
Round 2: The Interview Round
Soon after waiting for a little while, I went for the technical interview. There was a single interviewer from TCS Ninja. He asked me to introduce myself. Later, he asked me about my project. He also asked me technical, and managerial questions. Some of them were:
• How can volte work in a 4G mobile?
• What is an IP address?
• What is Cloud Computing?
• Explain types of protocols.
• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
• How to connect nine dots using three straight lines?
• What is the highest achievement in your life?
Towards the end, he asked me some HR questions. Some of them are:
• Tell me something about yourself.
• Why do you want to go for an IT job?
• Why do you want to work in TCS Ninja?
• Are you flexible to relocate to other locations in India?
The TCS Ninja interview went well for me. After one week of the interview, I received an email informing me that I got selected. I immediately accepted the offer and joined TCS Ninja.