Name: Chetna Mehta
College: Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
Branch: Computer Science
Interview Type: ON-Campus Interview
Recently DXC technology – an IT consulting firm, was hiring some new employees in 2019. Hence it organized an interview drive within our campus recently. The eligibility standards for this drive was a minimum of 60% in 10th and 12th standard, followed by 65% in BE/B. Tech (Any Stream) and or and MCA/MSc. With no existing backlogs. The selection process involved four rounds, which are mentioned below:
- Written Round (Including quants, verbal ability, logical reasoning, and computer programing)
- Group Discussion
- Technical round
- HR Interview (Face-to-face interview)
Round 1 Online Written Test
The written test consisted of a series of questions which were divided into six different parts, which are mentioned below:
- Quants: This section consisted of questions on HCF and LCM, Divisibility, probability, Speed, Time and Distance questions, Algebra, equations, progression, profit and loss, ratio and percentage, averages, geometry, probability, Clocks and calendars, Geometry, Coordinate geometry, etc.
- Logical reasoning: This section had questions on topics: Coding, Directional Sense, seating arrangement, visual reasoning, blood relations, flowcharts, statement, and conclusion, Data Sufficiency, etc.
- Computer programming: This section consisted of questions on Data Types, Iteration, Recursion, Decision, Trees, Graphs, Queues, Hash Tables, Heaps, Searching and Sorting, Polymorphism, Encapsulation, Complexity Theory, Searching and sorting, etc.
- English: This section had questions on Contextual vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Jumbled up sentences, Prepositions, and Conjunctions, Tenses and articles etc.
- Writex pro (Essay Writing): This section had a topic on which I had to write an essay between 100 - 150 words.
- Coding Question: This section had 7 coding questions and time allotted was 20 minutes. In this section we have to fix the errors in the questions given.
The overall cut-off for the written test was 75 %. I cleared the cut-off rate and was therefore eligible for the next round which was the group discussion round.
Round 2-Group Discussion
This round is eligible for those students who manage to pass the round 1. In this round, the students are again divided into groups, and each group was given a specific topic. Mostly the issue was related to everyday activities and events prevalent around society.
In this round, we were expected to give reliable and significant opinions. The interviewer judged us based on our confidence, extemporized knowledge, and convincing ability. The Interviewer also checked our communication skills. I was selected because of my active participation and spontaneous answers, as mentioned by the recruiter.
Round 3- Technical Interview
In this round, the interviewer asked me some technical questions on the last project; I had done in my final term. He also asked me some basic questions on the fundamentals of C, C++, .net, Data Structure, computer networking, etc. Other questions like:
- What is SDLC?
- What are the different storage class specifiers in C?
- What is the importance & benefits of OOPS?
- Write the programming code to swap two numbers without using the third variable?
- What is networking?
Round 4 HR Interview round:
This was the easiest and the most relaxing round of all. In this round, the interviewer asked me some personal questions related to my family, passions, and other questions like:
- What’s your father’s occupation?
- What are your strengths?
- Any achievement you are proud of?
- Would you like to study further??
Mainly the interviewer was testing my elementary knowledge and communication skills. So, apart from good knowledge, confidence is the key factor to clear this round.
Finally, the interview got over, and the result was announced a few days later. I learned that I was selected for the Job. It was the turning point of my life.