C++ Program to Check Whether Number is Even or Odd
Program to check whether a number is even or odd
Here we will discuss how to check whether a number is even or odd in C++ programming language.
- A number is even if it is divisible by 2
- To check this we use if else statement along with the % operator.
- If the condition is true i.e. number is divisible by 2 then the number is even
- Otherwise the number is odd
- User gives an input.
- Input is stored in an int type variable say prep.
- prep is then checked using the if else statement with the condition
- If the above mentioned condition is true then the number is an even number.
- Otherwise the number is an odd number.
// number is even or odd
using namespace std;
cout<<"Enter a number: ";
//checking whether the number is even or odd
if(check % 2 == 0)
cout<<check<<" is an even number";
cout<<check<<" is an odd number";
Enter a number: 97
97 is an odd number