Recruitment Process for Freshers Wipro 2018
Wipro has a little different Recruitment Process for on Campus and Off Campus drives. Read this page completely and you will find all the information about Wipro Recruitment Process 2018 for Freshers.
On this page you will find the following –
- Wipro On Campus Recruitment Process (AMCAT)
- Wipro Off Campus Direct (AMCAT)
- Wipro Off Campus via AMCAT Employability Score.
Wipro Salary Details
- While at Training
- Rs. 18,500 per month for boys
- Rs. 19,100 per month for women
- Grade A and B colleges – Rs. 3.30 LPA
- Grade C colleges – Rs. 3.20 LPA to 3 LPA
- Service Agreement
- Time – 15 months
- Bond breakage cost – Rs. 75,000
Wipro Recruitment Process for Freshers 2018
Wipro On Campus Recruitment Process for Freshers 2018
Note – AMCAT Questions for Wipro are different than general AMCAT, Wipro provides AMCAT its own set of questions for the exam. AMCAT just provides online platform to conduct the exam.
- Written Round on AMCAT
- Verbal – 22 Questions in 18 mins
- Logical – 16 questions in 16 mins
- Quants – 18 Questions in 20 mins
- Email Writing Test – 1 Question
- Coding Test – 2 Questions
The Syllabus is common for On Campus and Off Campus drive find the syllabus in the page later.
Wipro Off Campus Recruitment Process 2018 (Direct)
- Online Round on Aspiring Mind Exam
- Verbal & Analytical 30 Questions
- Verbal – 10 Questions
- Logical – 10 questions
- Quants – 10 Questions
- Email Writing Test – 1 Question
- Coding Test – 2 Questions
- Verbal & Analytical 30 Questions
Detailed Syllabus at the end of this page.
Wipro AMCAT Employability Score based Recruitment Process
Wipro may conduct direct off campus drives when it wants to hire in big numbers. This type of drive is called Direct process.
However, when there is no direct hiring going on, Wipro still constantly recruits based on AMCAT Employability Test Score.
What is AMCAT Employability Test Score?
You can register for AMCAT exam and once you give your AMCAT Employability Exam more than 400+ companies can see your AMCAT score (Including Wipro). Based on these scores they call you for interviews at their office.
This is different than direct application of Wipro which student may do by applying here – https://careers.wipro.com/campus-engineering.aspx
To register for AMCAT employability test visit – https://www.myamcat.com
- Quantitative Aptitude (Score Considered by Wipro)
- Verbal English (Score Considered by Wipro)
- Logical Reasoning (Score Considered by Wipro)
- Aspiring Minds Personality Test (Score Not Considered by Wipro)
Optional sections(Can choose any two 2 out of these, Wipro will not consider your score in this section but other companies like mPhasis, Microsoft etc may) –
For Engineering –
List(Score Not Considered by Wipro)–
- Computer Programming
- Computer Science
- Electronics and Semiconductors
- Electrical Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Production Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Paint Technology
- Polymer Technology
While you can choose any but we suggest these for the following branches –
We suggest for Engineering Branches that students must choose computer programming(If they want to apply for IT jobs in companies like Accenture, Zs Associates, mPhasis etc.
- For CSE and IT – Computer Programming and Computer Science.
- For ECE – Telecommunication, Electronics and Semiconductors + Computer Programming
- For EEE – Electrical Engineering + Computer Programming. Can also give Electronics and Semiconductors if confident.
- For Mech – Mechanical Engineering + Computer Programming. Can also give Metallurgical Engineering if confident.
- For Chemical – Chemical Engineering + Computer Programming. Can also give any one of paint, polymer, chemistry if confident.
- Civil Engineering – Civil Engineering + Computer Programming.
Once Wipro Shortlists you based on the scores in the section – Logical, English and Verbal. They will send you mail about the additional round which are –
- Coding Test
- Email Writing Test
You can give the above two test from home with a laptop that has working microphone and webcam.
But, your screen video will be recorded along with webcam video and microphone audio.
This is the eligibility criteria for the latest Wipro recruitment:
- Minimum 60% in X & XII
- Minimum 60% in Graduation, 6 CGPA or equivalent as per university guidelines
- No standing arrears
- Student should be from a Full-time Degree course recognized by the Central/State Government of India.
- Should have completed all exams/ viva-voice/ training and should not have any pending attendance requirement with the college.
In some cases or few specific colleges, the minimum is 65%. The eligibility criteria might also vary according to the profile i.e between Wipro & Wipro Turbo. Wipro Turbo is also conducted only in premium colleges like IITs, NITs, VIT etc;
Syllabus for Wipro Recruitment 2018
- Deductive Reasoning
- Coding deductive logic
- Blood Relation
- Directional Sense
- Objective Reasoning
- Selection decision tables
- Inductive reasoning
- Analogy and Classification pattern recognition
- Coding pattern and Number series pattern recognition
- Abductive Reasoning
- Logical word sequence
- Data sufficiency
- Contextual Vocabulary
- Error Identification
- Sentence Improvement & Construction
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Tenses & Articles
- Preposition & Conjunctions
- Speech & Voices
- Reading Comprehension
- Inferential and Literal Comprehension
- Contextual Vocabulary
- Comprehension ordering
- Basic Mathematics
- LCM & HCF
- Numbers, decimal fractions and power
- Applied Mathematics
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Engineering Mathematics
- Permutation and Combinations
There is no Syllabus for Essay Writing but you can find previous year Essay Writing Topics asked in Wipro on our Wipro Essay Writing Dashboard.
Wipro Gives Coding Syllabus. But, their own Syllabus is incorrect or overhyped.
They mention difficult topics like – DSA, etc
But actual questions that are asked in Coding Exam are –
- 1 Pattern Printing Questions like 1 2*3 4*5*6 …..
- 1 Basic Coding questions on mathematical operations like GCD, LCM or String based programming questions like reverse a string
You can find the most asked Wipro Coding Questions on our Wipro Coding Dashboard.
Below is the Syllabus that Wipro gives. But, don’t study from the Syllabus mentioned by them as the final questions in the exam are completely different from what is mentioned in the Syllabus. Study from here – prepinsta.com/wipro-coding-questions/
Started in 1945, by Mohandas Premji as Western India Vegetable Products limited, it was later renamed as Wipro Ltd; as the breadth of the products offered by the company started increasing. Wipro today is one of the leading Information Technology Services Corporation in the world. It is head quartered in India. Azim Premji is the chairman of the company, while Abidali Neemuchwala is the CEO of the company. Digital Strategy, Business Consulting, and IT services are some of the major services offered by the company. Wipro group of companies are into Consumer care, FMCG, Infrastructure engineering and Medical systems.
What we has seen is that the recruitment in most colleges is for wipro and the role offered by them isof Project Engineer for both in Wipro and Wipro turbo. While the package for Wipro is about 3 to 3.5(varies from college to college) the package offered for Wipro Turbo is more which around 6 to 7LPA(varies from college to college. Wipro Turbo which now is a different company earlier used to be an internal team of Wipro under the name Wipro Team rainbow.
Reviews from Students
Wipro Recruitment is one of the most sought after by job aspirants, especially students in the final year and freshers. In this section of Wipro company corner, we detail out the:
Eligibility Criteria –
- A candidate must have more than 60% marks in 10th and 12th (or diploma).
- A candidate must have a minimum of 60% marks in graduation and Post Graduation ( if applicable).
- A candidate should not have any pending backlogs at the time of appearing for Wipro selection process.
- The graduation should be a Full-Time course recognized by Central/State government of India.
- A candidate must have completed all the exit formalities in the previous organization before joining Wipro.
Also you must have these –
Only full time courses will be considered (Part Time/Correspondence courses will not be considered).
- B.E / B.Tech in any discipline (CSE/ECE/IT/CIVIL/ME/EEE/Automobile/Aeronautical etc.)
- Engineering candidates who have passed out in the year 2018 are eligible to apply.
- All original mark sheets related to SSC (10th), Intermediate(12th) and Graduation are required to be produced at the time of interview. Also, please carry a copy of a set of all documents at the time of interview.
- A copy of candidate’s updated resume.
- Passport size photographs.
- An original identification proof issued by the government of India (Aadhar Card, Pan Card, Voter id, Passport etc.)
Wipro Recruitment FAQs:
What is Wipro Turbo profile and the other Wipro Project Engineer profile?
Wipro hires via AMCAT and Wipro Turbo hires via both AMCAT and Mettl Platform in some colleges. Wipro turbo only visits the top cream colleges of India which are mostly top IIT, IITs, NITs, NSITs and VITs
Name: Pooja Nagarjun
College: Meenakshi Sundararajan College of Technology
Branch: Computer Science
Type of interview: On-Campus Interview
This year Wipro came to our college for a recruitment drive. Our TPO (training and placement officer) provided us the registration link so that we can register ourselves and get our admit cards. Furthermore, he told all girls to lay great emphasis on this drive as Wipro hire more girls. Therefore, the chances of selection are higher among girls. The eligibility criteria for Wipro was 60% throughout the academic career and no current backlogs. So I immediately started preparing for the drive through previous Wipro interview question on PrepInsta. I practiced both solved and unsolved papers for the placement drive. There were two rounds in the interview, first, the AMCAT aptitude test and second, the face to face interview round.
The AMCAT paper had five sections, Quantitative Analysis, Logical Reasoning, Verbal, Technical Aptitude, and Essay Writing. There were 70 questions in the paper and time allotted was 119 minutes.
- In the Quants section, there were 18 questions, and the sectional cut off for this section was 11. Time allotted was 20 minutes. This section had questions based on L.C.M. and H.C.F., Logarithms, Permutation, and
- In the Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation section, the difficulty level was high. There were 16 questions and the time allotted for this section was 16 minutes.
- In the Verbal section, there were 22 questions and the time allotted was 18 minutes. It had questions on synonyms, antonyms, subject-verb agreement, and contextual vocabulary questions.
- The next section was the Coding, in this section had two questions, and the time allotted was 45 minutes. One question was to print a start pattern and another was to WAP for selection sort. The pattern question was executed perfectly, but in the selection sort due to a logical error it was partially executed.
- The last section was the Essay writing. There was only one question in this section and the time allotted was 20 minutes. I had to write an article of 100-150 words on Impact of western culture on India.
The technical round was to be held at the college auditorium. As the interview began, the students were called one by one for the Technical Interview. When I entered the cabin, there was just one interviewer. He asked for my resume. After a quick view of my resume, he started asking me the questions related to basics of C and C++, such as data encapsulation, abstraction. He gave me a code and asked that will this code execute? The interview went on for 25-30 minutes. After all the interviews were over the list of selected students was announced. I cleared the technical round.
HR interview was held in the auditorium after an hour. As my name was announced for the interview, I went to the cabin and greeted the HR. The interviewer had my resume in his hand, and he asked me to introduce myself. After that he asked me the following questions.
- Tell me about your final year project
- What was your favorite subject in engineering and why?
- How will you be beneficial for our company?
- Are you planning for further studies?
- Are you okay with relocation?
The interviewer seemed to be impressed with my answers, so I was positive for the results. The results were announced, and I was selected. The official offer letter came after a week, and the joining letter came after a month. I was selected as the Assistant JAVA Developer at Wipro Ltd. Bangalore.